Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Uber SG!

Ol Boy Rivers

El Uber SG! Allright yall. Its time i undertake a project, And here it is. An SG special Lim' that i am going to Mod the living $#^! out of. Concetric pots, Active onboard EQ, Coil tapping, Probally a Duncan Livewire, The Woiks'! Its all stripped down ( Hardware wise ) And now its time to refinish. Im going to get a website for this one guys, Its gunna be big. Im PLANNING on routing a double battery box, As well as moving the Toggle switch. By the time im done with this baby, Its going to be an all out Custom from a cheap body. ( Stay posted for Website adress's as well as pictures. )
Never trouble trouble till' trouble troubles you.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would do that in a heart beat but the problem is is thats a standerd 4knob SG. Im working with the SG lim' edition Special with the Two knob setup. Now...Id route it out so i could fit four knobs but the problem is is that the body isnt as big as a standerd SG. So i have to crowd that electronics cavity to the brim with concentics, and then ONE minitoggle for the neck pickup ( Im planning on putting an Invader in there ) Then i have to go about routing a double battery box and then a single. ( The double is for the Duncan LiveWire and the single is for a active onboard EQ ) After the battery box's im going to route and drill some more to put the toggle reverse of a lespaul. BUT now i have to work on that finish, so im open to suggestions yall. So far my only idea is to just stain it and do a light varnish.

Alright, Update 0n the SG project: Ive been going at the finish with 150gritt sand paper and a little Skill Jitterbug. Coming nicely actually. After the red is sanded off you get that dark brown of the wood ( Allmost like the worn brown on some SG finishes ) And it looks great. Im thinking about leaving the front, sides, and bevels as the brown wood tone, But painting the top of the guitar Ebony or something with a cool disign. After getting it ALL sanded down im going to go over it with 250gritt, Then 400gritt to smooth and polish it. IDEA FACTOR: Because im thinking of painting the face of the guitar, Another Idea arose. Why not turn it into a String-through-body setup? All i need to do is fill in the holes the old Tune-o-matic had and rewire the ground to the bridge instead of the stop bar. I think you would get better sustain and tune stability with a string-through. Input on this idea of my anyone?

Pictures, my friend. We want step by step pictures. Do like Lavaman has been doing with his son's guitar.
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

• 4 weeks later...
Forgot about this one fellows. Moneys tight, Project is getting scrapped and the guitarbody is getting sold to get money for the EpiVJ come this payday. Sorry for all the HooHa about it.

Archived