Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The 'VOCALOID' is here and coming to an album near YOU!!

Synthesised tits, synthesised music and NOW synthesised vocals!! [url=http://www.zero-g.co.uk/index.cfm?articleid=762]VOCALOID[/url] [i]"...The synthesised sound retains the vocal qualities of the original singers' voices because Vocaloid synthesises the sound from vocal libraries of recordings of 'real people' singing..." "...The software also features simple commands that allow users to add expressive effects, such as vibrato and pitch bends..." [/i] [b]REAL PEOPLE?!![/b].. well thank fuck for that! For a moment I thought the might be trying to use [b]FAKE PEOPLE[/b]! :eek: Yes folks it's here! No need to worry about using Autotune to fix 'Candy Bigtit's' dodgey singing. No need to even worry about Candy Bigtit's at all. Build your own 'Final Fantasy' video slut, press 'play' on 'Vocaloid' and instant hit. The great unwashed will have no idea or even care. No more multi-million dollar recording contracts and "I don't do stairs!" popstars to give you a bad hair day! Singers? Who fuckin' needs 'em! "GIMME THE VOCALOID!" and I'll digitise you a STAR!! :freak:
"WARNING!" - this artificial fruit juice may contain traces of REAL FRUIT!!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[url=http://www.kvr-vst.com/news.php?id=931]Zero-G \'Soul\' Vocalist[/url] [i]"... Zero-G hopes that its first vocal library, SOUL VOCALIST, will be commercialized by the end of 2003 or early in 2004, this being the time when Yamaha hopes to commercialize Vocaloid. SOUL VOCALIST will include the voices of at least two soul singers, one female and one male, both of which should enable Vocaloid to create a range of expressive and soulful singing from loud and powerful to soft and intimate ..."[/i] Full of soul and love and intimacey. Why it almost makes me want to cry! :cry: Well we've had "I Robot"... how about "I Human"! ;)
"WARNING!" - this artificial fruit juice may contain traces of REAL FRUIT!!

I am with you, Super 8. Thank of the further damage we can do to people's perspectives of reality. What an awesome toy. The clip sounds a bit like Deep Forest's cut and paste vocal stuff though. There's a bit of the formant transposition munchkin. I didn't hear any growl, scoop types of things. Though the vibrato wasn't bad. I hope they let us make our own humans. A touch of elvis, a pinch of bowie and some animal samples from the local zoo ... :thu: Jerry

Archived