Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Playing like a wimp

Eric Iverson

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I refer you all to Eric Johnson's comments on getting a good tone and solid contact with the string. Not of course, that we have to approach it the same way!

It ain't about brutality - just like a good strong singer is not about screaming, it's about diaphragm support and such things as that!

Originally posted by Eric Iverson:

I refer you all to Eric Johnson's comments on getting a good tone and solid contact with the string. Not of course, that we have to approach it the same way!

It ain't about brutality - just like a good strong singer is not about screaming, it's about diaphragm support and such things as that!

mmm.. I actually hate Eric Johnson's tone... I always thought it sounded wimpy. Am I the only one?

Originally posted by Squ:

mmm.. I actually hate Eric Johnson's tone... I always thought it sounded wimpy. Am I the only one?
Yes Squ, yes I'm afraid you are! :D

Pretty much all alone there!

Yeah...you're the only one. Lonesome, isn't it?

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Another interesting character as far as tone is Pat Martino.

Do I like his tone? It depends on how he was recorded! But he's got a very strong attack. In his video, he said he has high action on his guitars, and a .015" for the E-string. Other jazz guitarists have said that they couldn't play his guitar. He said he had to play heavy strings like that because otherwise he "snaps them like rubber bands."

Somehow, though he manages to sound graceful doing this... Most of us approach it a little different!

Archived