Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Mr. Rogers Rocks The Senate, Not The House

Chad Thorne

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ellwood:

Rogers, a very gifted man, and just a very nice guy! It's fun to make fun of the way he talks, so slow and precise, but there is very directed forceful man under that mild exterior.

Well, there was. Fred Rogers died Feb 27, 2003. Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood was a bit after my time. But my son always loved his show.

Mr. Rogers was also an ordained minister in the United Presbyterian Church.

Born on the Bayou

He was also a special forces sniper during Vietnam, and personally responsible for taking out some important enemy leaders.

Quite a few contradictions in the man.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Originally posted by Picker:

He was also a special forces sniper during Vietnam, and personally responsible for taking out some important enemy leaders.

Quite a few contradictions in the man.

Bogus. Fred Rogers never served in the military.
"I used to be "with it", but then they changed what "it" was! Now what I'm with isn't "it", and what is "it" is weird and scary to me. IT'LL HAPPEN TO YOU!" - Grampa Simpson

Rogers, a very gifted man, and just a very nice guy! It's fun to make fun of the way he talks, so slow and precise, but there is very directed forceful man under that mild exterior.

--------------------

I agree. I can't imagine him as a sniper either. He would be trying to aim a paper meche rifle.

He was a great man. I loved Mr. Roger's Neighborhood growing up. I also loved Mr. Dressup. He was a badass too.

I liked Mr. Dressup a little more I think. I thought Finnegan was very cute when I was little. I always wanted to shred Casey through a wood chipper though.

My favorite Fred Rogers story was a Candid Camera episode in which a hotel told Fred Rogers they would have to take his TV away. They expected him to be upset. He couldn't have cared less. (Fred didn't watch much TV and certainly didn't have time for it on his trip anyway.)

They tried and tried to get under his skin but he wouldn't take the bait. They finally gave up and admitted what was going on. IIRC, he didn't even know what Candid Camera was. ;)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived