Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - I have anger Issues

ekoldr

Enough said... I don't know why I just get angry at things I shouldn't and it's not normal anger, It's real live anger and I'm afraid for those I love. I am so busy with school that I don't have time to get professional help, what do i do? I don't want to hear any counting to ten bull shit because it only makes me more angry. I'm sorry I am in one of these spells now.... I'm sorry
I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser the Third Dont hesitate to call

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well Im no Dr. Phil but it sounds like you need a release... maybe crank up your amp and play the @#$! out of your guitars.. maybe buy a punching bag or something.. its ok to feel anger.. finding a way to release it with everyones best interest in mind is the trick...Ive heard exercise in general is good for dealing with stray emotions... try to find something that exhausts you enough that will cause the anger to lose importance...
Eat a Peach for Peace..........

Cause and effect...figure out what the cause is and dump it. Music can work a couple ways. It can put you on edge or bring your whole being to a soothing state. If you're writing in to a music forum about your situation maybe the music you're listening/playing is having an effect on you. Just my one and half cents worth...

Billy

If you are really afraid for the folks you love, you simply have to make time for professional help. It's a question of priorities. School is just not as important as dealing with this the right way. A psychologist will only want to see you an hour a week anyway, so you're not going to lose that much time. Do not put this off, get help today. You could literally screw yourself (and someone you love) up permanently if you don't.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Good advice from all. Play your guitar! If I couldn't play, a lot of rage I dispell would stay bottled up, and eventually burst out at the wrong time. If you truly believe you are capable of violence, then it's your responsibility to seek help, and your fault if you don't!
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

You don't have time for your own mental health????

Bluesape stared a thread waaay back that had to do with looking after ones own physical health. Mental Health is just as important and valid.

If you don't take the time to care about yourself, then you are signalling that you are not worth caring about.

While venting on a guitar or a punching bag may be a release, they will do very little to address the cause of anger management issues.

The primary job in my life is to take care of my wie's husband. That is not a selfish position to take.

Just as you would not take out your own appendix, you need to fins help to deal with Mental Health issues as well.

Peace,

Paul

----------------------

Originally posted by ekoldr:

Enough said... I don't know why I just get angry at things I shouldn't and it's not normal anger, It's real live anger and I'm afraid for those I love.

Well, I hate to come across like I'm prodding you with a stick but... what is "normal" anger, in your opinion?

Why is your anger any different to anybody else's anger, considering the amount of punchups, road rage and stuff that happens every day.

I mean, sseing as you brought it up and all...

Enough said... I don't know why I just get angry at things I shouldn't and it's not normal anger, It's real live anger and I'm afraid for those I love. I am so busy with school that I don't have time to get professional help, what do i do? I don't want to hear any counting to ten bull shit because it only makes me more angry. I'm sorry I am in one of these spells now.... I'm sorry

There's something else going on beneath the surface. Not to sound trite, but.....you need professional help. Seriously. You're not going to find the answer to this in a guitar forum....

100% of the people in jail and prison right now for domestic violence charges could have benefitted from professional anger management help...and a whole bunch of dead wives, girlfriends and children would have been better off, too.

The fact that you recognize that there's a problem is a good thing....now do the RIGHT thing and go get some help.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

I second Sasquatch on his suggestion.

I have to deal with anger issues everyday (my own volitile anger).

Get help now, your friends and family will appreciate it.

Trust me, anger will screw your life up. You can't spend you whole life regretting what you just said or did. After awhile all the apologies mean nothing.

I am my own worst enemy. When I can't control my anger, the only person I hurt is myself, if I'm lucky.

Please, do yourself a favor and find someone to help you.

This is the third time you've come with a deep rooted problem (parents, suicidal girlfriend, anger). I'm beginning to wonder if you ever went off the deep end, how would this board or members of it be held legally?

That kind of deep anger is generally because you have not dealt properly with something in your life. That being said the concensus is that you and your friend both need professional help. Whether that is through a school counselor, a county health clinic, or a good church (there are a lot of good Calvary Chapels in California where you won't be condemned, but find how to truly get help).

Please do it now.

Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Uncontrolled anger is career-limiting, relationship-limiting, and life-limiting. It is sometimes a maturity issue, and sometimes it's an emotional issue....or even chemical imbalance. Whatever the cause, it's not going to be controlled or cured without qualified professional help.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

I spent the first 40 years or so of my life being anger, and just recently figured out how to avoid 90% of it. My problem was building things up in my head and imagining all sorts of scenarios where I would get even angrier than the original incident that would get me started. I have learned to stop the flow of thought that lets me keep thinking about the little mean things people say and do and building them up into full blown anger, which in my case just made me depressed.

Its not that I can't be pushed into it, but I am much more tolerant. Some of it I am sure is just getting older, I am sure teenagers have many more hormones going through their veins and aren't used to dealing with things. I still get pissed when someone cuts me off. I can get really angry if someone is yelling at me and keeps it up no matter how much I try to diffuse the situation. But I don't have these episodes much anymore.

Just realizing that letting myself run whole scenarios through my head was the root of the problem let me just say stop whenever I start to do this. I just don't care about stuff much anymore, for good or bad, I am much happier than I have ever been.

I am so busy with school that I don't have time to get professional help, what do i do?

It's all about prioritization and time management.

Your mental health is more important than school because if you're "unstable", you cannot possibly succeed in school or anything else for that matter.

Seek the help you need then everything else will fall into place.

God Bless :)

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

School, is important of course, but your overall life is more important. In 20 years you will laugh at how serious you took school, and how much in a hurry you were to get things done. If anger is causing you real problems, deal with that first, your education isn't going away if you have to focus on something else for a bit. Your not being lazy or irresponsible by dealing with personal issues.

Archived