Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Strat trem adjustment?

DC Ross

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends how much adjustment needs to be made, and where the screws are at now.

You should (probably) have 3 springs on. If the screws have about 3/4in clearance from the body, then you can screw them in a bit more.

If the screws are real close to the body, consider 4 springs and letting the screws out a bit.

What weight are your strings?

Do you want the trem floating, or down on the body?

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

You'll also have to adjust the intonation; some trial-and-error with BOTH the trem-positon relative to the body (the amount of up-pull available, if any) and the neck-relief (the amount of bowing or straightness in the neck, dialed-in by the truss-rod) will be necesary, and both will have to be settled upon before you set the intonation...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Hey Geoff & Caevan,

There are 3 springs, and there is about 1/2" of thread showing. I think I may take it to Mike Lull for a setup. I'm very mechanically inclined, but for some reason, I don't feel comfortable messing with truss rods.

Caevan: good to see you back here. I hope everything works out with your situation.

It's not simple to be simple.

-H. Matisse

Ross Precision Guitars

Archived