Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What is ur alltime favorite song? and dont say "well there is a lot i like"

S_O_A_D

"well there is a lot i like"

:D

Actually, you're going to think this is weird, but who cares.

I couldn't say this is my favorite song...but when things get dark (as they often do) one song that I can always count on to boost my spirits. I think it's an old 30s or 40s big band tune, possibly sung by the Andrews Sisters....

"On the Sunny Side of the Street". For some reason, it just reminds me of being a little kid who just found a nickel (five dollar bill nowadays), running down a sunny summer sidewalk to an old neighborhood store with a rusty screen door on a spring...most likely with a rusty "Sunbeam Bread Girl" sign on the door and an RC Cola bottle thermometer...running in, and buying some penny candy.

That's a happy place to go to. So, I'll name that song. Out of the hundreds of songs by great contemporary songwriters, rock and rollers, blues greats, songs with inspiring or breathtaking melodies, chord structures, or turns of the lyrical phrase, that's the only song that takes me to that particular place.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Hound Dog:

"Happy Birthday"

Think about it.

I readja loud and clear.

My cousin Rosie forwards me a lot of jokes and stuff from her friend Eileen. Eileen's signature goes:

"Don't regret growing old. It is a privilege denied to many".

Although "Happy Birthday" is a song I don't want to hear speedily repeated...I would like to hear it quite a few more times.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

There is a classical guitarist I know who plays several different versions of "Happy Birthday" ... bossa, classical... etc. And he told me he plays them for friends for their birthday over the phone!

And I read on the Keyboard forum about a guy who played a virtuoso "Art Tathoven" version of HB for a girl who said, "that was beautiful, but when are you going to play Happy Birthday? My friends are waiting with their champagne!"

Way too tough...

Shades of Green---Phil Keaggy

Testify (Acoustic SRV Unplugged)

Rude Mood (Acoustic SRV Unplugged)

The list constantly changes aside from Shades of Green.

"I wanted to play saxophone, but all I could get were a few squeaks. So, my big brother was playing guitar and I figured I'd try it too."---SRV

I haven't heard that much by Phil Keaggy, although I have some friends who love him and have seen him live. I do have his acoustic guitar instructional video, which is excellent, and "Wind and the Wheat" from the '80s, which I haven't heard in a long time.. probably will listen to when I get home.

I'm not nuts about Keaggy's vocals, but then again guys who are great singers and players BOTH are very hard to find!

Yeah, I'm not to crazy about Phil's vocals either. "Wind and the Wheat" is one of my favorites along with "Acoustic Sketches." When it comes to singing and playing guitar simultaneously, I'd have to go w/srv. Just my taste. I know he doesn't have the most technically great voice, but I gotta love the attitude he brings to the stage. He's able to express his feelings through playing and singing like no one else I've seen. Sorry I got a little off topic. I just can't stop laying down as many shout outs for Stevie as possible.
"I wanted to play saxophone, but all I could get were a few squeaks. So, my big brother was playing guitar and I figured I'd try it too."---SRV

Archived