Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Has any one ever even played this guitar!!

S_O_A_D

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They had one at the local Guitar Center. I did not play it but it looked OK to me. I would match the guitar to the kind of music you like to play. I kind of like LP's and Marshall's so that's what I want. I have always wanted a pointy guitar like a B.C. Rich Warlock or something along those lines. I may get one yet.

IT all depends on what sort of noise you wanna make. The Iceman's two humbuckers and mahogany body are gonna make a pretty righteous low-mid chunk rhythm tone, and ought to really scream on high gain leads. But, if you are doing cleaner country, brit-pop, or college rock jangle tunes, you might want to look into something with single coils.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Originally posted by S_O_A_D:

I dont know any one , or store, that has this guitar but i was hoping someone in here does...

Yep, as has been said before, Paul Stanley is its most famous player.

It used to be a fairly popular guitar, back in the late 70s.

I think it came out of a time when Ibanez had been challenged in court for copying American designs and decided to reinvent themselves as a maker of original guitars.

Set neck

3-piece maple neck

Mahogany body

22 Medium frets

Bound rosewood fingerboard

IBZ AH1 neck pickup

IBZ AH2 bridge pickup

Gotta be cool. Just buy it and turn the gain up and have at it! :thu:

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Originally posted by S_O_A_D:

i dont wana sound like the idiot i am but what exactly is a pick up

Soad, the pickups or pups are like microphones sort of. They pick up (get it) the tones from the vibrating strings and (very simplified) send the signals to the amp. Different pups have very definable differences in sound. You will need to do some reading on this matter and try a variety of them. It takes time to get to know what pups you like and don't like. I would tell you to not worry so much. You will likely end up owning several guitars at the same time or different ones over time and can try a variety of pups. If you like distortion, go with the humbuckers at first. You will like them.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Archived