Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Zion Guitars

Hound Dog

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I played one Zion strat-type many moons ago; was right nice! Bob Hartman of Petra, used to play one; Phil Keaggy has used several of them as well. I thought I heard Phil was doing an album as a tribute to the man who started Zion, and died a few years back; not sure if that ever happened. If you find one at a decent price, snap it up! Well, play it first and make sure you like it, I guess...

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

Yeah, they're good guitars, I think that a lot of their customers have been pro session players. Their specialty seems to have been "Super-Strat"-styled guitars, for the most part. I've seen a few in real life and gotten to play 'em, including one in the hands of a guy I met years ago who was playing for the PTL television show's studio and stage-band. I can't remember his name, a real nice guy and a good player- a real musician- and his Zion was a real nice guitar.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I play a Zion. Mine's a little older, it's an '84 and the body style is nearly identical to a Strat, which is something they don't do anymore. It's a great guitar. Everyone who plays my guitar immediately loves it.

Zion really makes some nice instruments. Not too easy to find, though.

Everybody knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. - Homer Simpson

Zion was one of the first boutique Fender type guitar makers. I knew Ken Hoover, the owner back in the early eighties and he was a great guy, with a friendly. humble disposition. Very talented luthier. His guitars were up there with Anderson, Suhr.

I did not know he passed away and so sorry to hear that. He was a true southern gentleman.

Loni

ampshow.com

I've always suffered from the delussion that I was somehow different.

I've played a few Zions, and they were might good instruments. Loved the nikki-nikki maximizer, made rapid volume swells easy.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Archived