Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Godins

Sloper

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just received a set of Bill (and Becky) Lawrence pickups for my Freeway Classic. I'm replacing the Humbs with BL's P90 style pickup and the middle with the single coil they recommended. I'm hoping to get a friend to play and record a before and after so you guys can have a listen. I still need to get new pots and either a push-pull tone so I can active all three pickups at once, or three mini-switches to active the three pickups as needed.
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Originally posted by fogman:

You must remember that NAMM was just a short time ago. I am sure it's not into production just yet. They cannot advertise what they cannot provide!

I'm sure I've seen a Triumph in red sparkle up on the wall in one of my local stores Metro Music, and the mahogany model at another.

Thanks folks

for the comments.

I'll try a lttle more info on the radiator.. and make up my mind.

I loved the strat.. an old JV series squier circa 85 thats now retired for home recording only.

Thanks for the welcome too

best regds

Originally posted by Warthog:

I'd love to own a Godin...

Trade you for the T5. :D

I'll even through in the extra set of pickups, and buy a hard shell case. :thu:

Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Another new guy here.

I own an A6 (blue burst) and an Artisan TC (tobacco burst). Godin are absolutely the greatest.

Does anyone know where to get specs or parts for these models?

Specifically, I am looking for pickup covers for my TC. They are the stock double rail type. Mine are cracked and in serious need of replacement as the pickup height cannot be adjusted.

Any inside info would be greatly appreciated!

be well,

songkid

welcome, songkid. Stick around a while and feel free to contribute.

Have you emailed Godin about your needs? I've found it can take three or four days, but they've always answered all of my questions.

Hi people

Ok after finally getting my new guitar (GODIN RADIATOR) I think I need a new drum machine too for use on my 4 track and occasional stage use (small hall stuff only)

Im really out of touch with new models buying my last one about 12 years back

It needs to be reasonably versatile and able to cover...rock..country,,60s light rock.

I wondered about the low end zoom or boss

Can anyone advise... I tried harmony central and couldnt find my way to drum machines for some reason.

Thanks Guitarzan for your input on the godin

best regds

Len uk

Oh the Godin is beautiful. I cant belive how nicely finished it is and it chimes very brightly. Just what I needed One of the nicest little guitars Ive used.

It feels as if it was put together with care... not something Ive seen with other similar priced instruments or some more expensive ones come to that !!

Originally posted by bluesy10:

Hi people

Ok after finally getting my new guitar (GODIN RADIATOR) I think I need a new drum machine too for use on my 4 track and occasional stage use (small hall stuff only)

It needs to be reasonably versatile and able to cover...rock..country,,60s light rock.

Can anyone advise... I tried harmony central and couldnt find my way to drum machines for some reason.

best regds

Len uk

your very welcome Len. i hope you enjoy the new guitar alot.

Originally posted by bluesy10:

Hi people

best regds

Len uk

I have a Zoom 606 (or something) and like all cheapish drum machines, it's a bitch to programme.

I downloaded a prog (free) called 'HYDROGEN' onto my laptop which I read about either here or the Lowdown. I haven't had much time to play with it yet, but it looks much easier to use and I think you can download a library of stuff & re-use it if it suits.

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Ahhhh Godin...... just great guitars, i am after a freeway classic in congac burst if i can get a good secondhand (if anyone is selling) But my LGXT is just excellent, a great guitar in its own right with bags and bags of sustain but also hooked up as a synth guitar its spectacular. cant rave about it enough just fab, the synth tracking is great and works fab, the roland peadls are brilliant also.

On the drum machine I have one built into my zoom recording studio (MRS802) and like it a lot, simple to use and has good variety in it, not top end or anything like but good enough for me and very good value.

Enjoy whatever you get

G

Love life, some twists and turns are more painful than others, but love life.....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=592101

Hi people

Thanks for the info...

yes the Godin. Although the Radiator is the bottom rung,, its just so nice. I was very surprised at the quality and feel of the guitar. I would have bought 2 of em. Every part of it was perfectly finished and assembled.It is quite sedate but it suits my playing at the moment and the sustain is pretty good. It drives effects well and is quiet.

regds

Len

The Big G - I was selling the Freeway you describe (I believe). No one wanted one with the rosewood fingerboard. I just bought some Bill (and Becky) Lawrence P90 pickups for it, but haven't put them in yet. How interested are you? The worst I can say is it has some very light pick marks if you hold it in the light the right way.

http://homepage.mac.com/nagormit/PhotoAlbum1.html

• 2 weeks later...

I too am getting a Freeway Classic. I wanted a MexStrat, but the Godin sounded and felt mucho mejor in the shop. The sales guy was a hot player, and the Freeway made all the sounds I want to make when I grow up. And it's cheaper.

Next comes rat cunning. I sold an old stereo amp, I've hosted a medical seminar and paid for it with my Visa, so the refund will pay for my Visa payments for two months. Hence the amount I normally put aside for debt servicing will on, yes, the Godin Freeway! Everybody wins! (No, don't poke holes in this if you see any obvious errors, reality disturbs me).

Well, I had to, this Freeway is the last one left in the country (NZ).

I just felt like having a plug-in guitar after futzing with the Variax's connectors, and the Zoom pedal needed to try and make it seem "real". My Ibanez AM73 doesn't get as much play as it deserves, either. I think the Freeway covers all the bases, from lovely Fender tones, to more hard edged grunty blues and rock (but not metal -Eeeuww!)

I'm not tired, I just think better lying down.

Archived