Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rocket Network closes its doors

I remember when Rocket Network held what I thought was going to be THE online audio recording technology. Just received this email: March 14, 2003 Dear Musician.com User: Today we have very sad news. After five years of trying to develop the market for our revolutionary collaboration and delivery products we are forced to call it quits. We will be shutting down our server on March 31, 2003. This will force Musician.com to terminate their online studio service. Please accept this as formal notice of the termination of your User License Agreement. Rocket Network has signed up over 65,000 users over the course of our history, a substantial market. The difficult economic climate and the slow adoption of the paid service have forced us to make this decision. We believe we have ever so slightly changed the world for the better by demonstrating the advantages of digital delivery and online collaboration. We believe it will be a couple of years yet until the market begins to embrace this technology. Rocket Network was just too far ahead of the market to be a viable business. Given the current economic climate we are unable to continue to invest in the market until that time. We still deeply believe in the dream of music and post production communities working on a project simultaneously from anywhere in the world. We appreciate your business and support and want to treat each customer as fairly as possible. If you have time remaining on a prepaid account as of March 31, 2003, your credit card account will be credited for the unused balance. It will take approximately 30 days to process all credits. Thank you so much for your business and for believing in the dream. Best regards, Pam Miller President and CEO Willy Henshall Founder and Chairman Q&A Why is Rocket Network shutting down? The current economic climate has made it difficult to sustain Rocket Delivery and Rocket Control Collaboration as viable businesses. Market adoption for online collaborative and delivery services has been slower than anticipated. What will happen to my current files and projects that are in Rocket Network? Your Rocket Collaboration projects and files will remain on Rocket Network through April 15, 2003. Once the service is discontinued on that date, Your projects will be deleted and will not be retrievable. We therefore urge you to download all files to your desktop computer(s). Will you be backing up anything that I posted on Rocket Network? No. Rocket Network will not back up or archive Your Design Content. We strongly urge that you download all files to your local desktop computer(s). I've just paid my current month's subscription. Can I get a refund? Yes. We will automatically refund users who‚s prepaid accounts have time remaining. If you have questions or do not receive a refund by April 30, 2003 please contact Support@RocketNetwork.com. What happens to my project team members using Rocket Network in other Studio Centers? Are you informing them as well? All registered users in all Studios Centers are being contacted by either their Studio Center provider or Rocket Network.

Dan Richards

The Listening Sessions

Pro Audio Consulting & Equipment Sales

Direct Toll-Free (866) 409-3686

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived