Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I've got GAS...but for good reason

musicalaccents

Okay guys...I seriously need your help. Currently, I'm in the process of putting together a rock/funk/pop fusion project. Right now, I have a legitimate setup but I need to expand. I have clearance from the better half to invest in about $1500 of equipment over the next 3 months or so. After 3 months, I expect the project to begin playing out. Anyways, my role as keyboardist (the performer) is to provide complex polyrhythms, similar to 70's jazz fusion, and provide rockin leads & melodies which are innovative and classic. What I need to do is evaluate what I have to spend versus what I need and etc. I would really like to get a new board, but I'm not sure if that's the right investment. My Ensoniq MR76 is reliable and I use it for piano, clav, and other elec piano sounds. I send this through my Earthquake wah to provide that extra punch, which covers up the somewhat cheezy clav patches. I run a M-Audio 88 controller through a Motif rack for my lead & organ patches. My amp is a Beringer 120 Amp. Other effects are M300 and DiscumBOBulator. I have room for two more racks, if I decide to go that route. With this said, what suggestions would you guys have? Here's what I'm wanting to accomplish, if possible with my budget: better organ sounds & simulation; new or used synth board (which might be just for organ or used as a 2nd lead board); or sell my Mr-76 and invest into an updated synth; improve my amplification- either new amp or amp modular; just more flexibility in my setup period.

I'm sorry if this is not the best questions or information, but I am having troubles getting started. I'm sure i can steered in the right direction.

Play only what you hear within...if you hear nothing, play nothing at all

My Gear: Motif; Ensoniq MR-76; Suitcase Rhodes; Earthquake MKII Pedal; DiscomBOBulator; PodXT

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived