Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I'm heading up to Seattle....and Tacoma for a week

schmoron13

My gf just got accepted to a master's program at the Univ of Pugent Sound, so we're gonna go visit it for a week in the middle of April (10th-17th?. I'm still waiting word on most of my applications for graduate studies in Architecture, including UW (Univ of Wash-Seattle), so we figured we'd take a whole week and visit both areas. I haven't been up there since I was about 10.

Then I remembered that we have a number of Seattle-ites here...so, anyone have any recommendations in so far as what to see, where to eat, where to go? We're gonna drive up on Friday night (it's a week before her 25th bday, so they wanted 400 for less than a week of car rentals...NO WAY.)

As an architect-to-be and a music major, I def want to check out the Experience Music Project. A tour of Safeco would be cool too, but I really don't remember much about the area...

most likely, we'll spend about 3 days in Tacoma, and then spend the other 4 in Seattle (or something like that), so tell me what to do!!! :wave:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is the Yes concert on Apr 15th. at the Space Needle/EMP center, too. It's a Thursday night. I'm know of many musicians going (even R. Wakeman!). Ticketmaster, of course.

And, it's Pungent Sound! Okay, it's Puget.

My band plays at this FUNKY bar called Corbray's in West Seattle on Weds. We're there on 4/14 (assuming the place is still open, which it should be). $3.00 glasses of wine. We play 7pm to 9pm. Just a trio with singer on Wed because the guitar player is doing something else. Welcome sit ins. I'll even have an additional keyboard available for any brave souls. Seriously, we'll do 20 minute one chord jams if you want to get up and pound--that is if you find the regular two chord stuff is overwhelming. ;) Good place for a get together.

midnite walk

I just noticed we're there on the weekend as well. Still Wed. is a good night as the guitar player isn't there and it's VERY relaxed. But if Wed. is a pain we could move it to Friday or Saturday.

Busch.

Originally posted by burningbusch:

My band plays at this FUNKY bar called Corbray's in West Seattle on Weds. We're there on 4/14 (assuming the place is still open, which it should be). $3.00 glasses of wine. We play 7pm to 9pm. Just a trio with singer on Wed because the guitar player is doing something else. Welcome sit ins. I'll even have an additional keyboard available for any brave souls. Seriously, we'll do 20 minute one chord jams if you want to get up and pound--that is if you find the regular two chord stuff is overwhelming. ;) Good place for a get together.

midnite walk

I just noticed we're there on the weekend as well. Still Wed. is a good night as the guitar player isn't there and it's VERY relaxed. But if Wed. is a pain we could move it to Friday or Saturday.

Busch.

Oh this could be a fun get togther.

And just to be clear I'm not much of a jammin guy but I love a good show. :)

• 1 month later...

Pushing this back up as the time is fast approaching and we really didn't solidify anything. Doron, are you still making the trip? PatAzz, can you make any of these dates?

Regrarding the 14th, let me know if anyone is really interested in sitting in as I'll set up another keyboard, otherwise I won't bother.

Brad Mehldau is at Jazz Alley the 8th - 11th. I've got the 6:30pm early show on Sunday penciled in for me. Also an excellent local pianist, Randy Halberstadt, is at Tula's with his trio on the 17th. I won't be able to attend but others might be interested.

It would be nice to know who is planning on attending any of these events/get togethers.

11th - Mehldau @ Jazz Alley

14th - Midnite Walk @ Cobray's

15th - Yes @ EMP

17th - Randy Halberstadt @ Tulas

I'm in for the first two.

Busch.

Wish I could, but I'll be in Arizona on vacation most of that time (13-20). Unfortunately I think I'm booked the other nights already), but I'll see what I can do...

If I don't make it, I hope you all have a blast -

BTW - My wife is a UPS grad... and congrats on getting into the program. :)

Archived