Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad you liked it! I was concerned it might be over peoples' heads. And you can call me "Craig" :) "Hey, you" also works in a pinch.

You might like to know that I'm getting close to finishing "The Big Book of Helix Tips and Tricks." It's an eBook for Sweetwater Publishing that also comes with a lot of presets. Not sure if it will be 120 presets - the cover is a mockup - but a lot of it is HX Stomp-friendly, because those presets can load into the floor Helix, but not vice-versa. The eBook is running about 200 pages so far...!

86gbS0L.jpg

I hope you have at least one chapter on non-guitar applications for this device. Mine spends more time connected to a modular or a DAWless jam setup than to a guitar. I see all these YouTube contributors using simple guitar pedals with the setups and think "Hmmp. Not even close to what I can to with my HX Stomp." I also use my Pod Go and big Helix when the mood suits me.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I hope you have at least one chapter on non-guitar applications for this device.

You are totally right that is a Helix strong point. I do allude to it, and there's quite a bit on bass, but that's not the primary focus. Then again, bear in mind that these eBooks get updated. For example, there's nothing about using Helix as a MIDI controller, and only the essentials of using it as an audio interface.

I'd rather get the book out soon, because I think the way it is now will help people, and do another update in a few months. Remember, people who buy the book get the "point" updates for free. This is on purpose, so they don't hold off on getting the book because they're concerned it will become obsolete. Even if it goes to a new edition, which is much rarer than point updates, they still get it for half-price.

The Studio One book update will drop in late October/early November, with 20 more tips, and it's a free update. I really like this publishing model. It means more work for me, but I never have to be embarrassed that a company is trying to sell an obsolete doorstop with my name on it :)

Looking forward to the book!

I am confident there will be more than enough info within the book to extrapolate useful ideas for processing non-guitar instruments ranging from my humble but oh so cute red Casio CT-S1 to the Moog Matriarch. And yes, the eBook format does have an advantage over print in this respect.