Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Replace powered monitor

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QSC CP12 arrived today.

First impressions:

It"s 20+ lbs lighter than the Mackie! That gets increasingly important at some point in your life.

Very quiet. Nice clean sound on AP, EPs and Hammond from the Electro. That covers 99% of what I play. Music from iPhone into the sum-to-mono 1/8' input sounded very good. Plenty of volume, more than I would ever need.

Nice combination of inputs. Preset EQ for a variety of uses. The 'default' and 'floor monitor' are likely what I would use.

This should do nicely for a stage monitor when not using IEMs (typically outdoors when I"m not concerned about stage volume) or for piano+vocals when the duo gets going.

Bonus, a nice QSC carry bag thrown in by Sweetwater! I try to buy local, but the local GC didn"t have it.

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

• 3 weeks later...

First chance to use the QSC CP-12 last night. Outdoor winery gig (which are great as we are packed up and headed home before a 9-1 bar gig gets started). Bandleader has about six of these winery circuit gigs lined up this season.

The CP performed as advertised. Nice clean sound, used the 'floor monitor' EQ preset, more than enough volume. Loved the 31 lbs vs the Mackie"s 50+!

This will be nice next week because that place built a nice stage with a large lawn between the outdoor seating and the stage. Unfortunately, they ran their septic system under it and they don"t allow vehicles to pull up close. So it"s about a 30 yard schlep over grass requiring something with fairly big wheels.

It would be nice to A-B this to compare with the K series, but for my needs this is more than adequate.

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

• 2 weeks later...
You guys are a bad influence once again. I bought a pair of QSC K8.2s. As stated here, they sound great, although I have yet to gig with them, Things are opening up slowly here. My question is what DSP setting do forumites like for keys? I have been using "Live" but the default was good.