Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NGD Hydrasynth

Only had it at home for half a day. Still at ver1.5. Haven't played in a band situation yet.

Poly Aftertouch: I find this immensely usable. They have a keyboard with deep AT travel, unlike say my OB-6 where AT is nearly an on/off switch. I'm very pleasantly surprised how easy, natural and expressive this is, especially for legato/slow parts. This should be THE NEXT BIG THING in new synths. Really not a gimmick. You'll be deep into Blade Runner territory in no time.

Ribbon controller. Ok, it's cool and maybe easier to reach than some other controllers that you could use.

Some people had commented on it's "digitalness". The presets are all full of stuff that, in trying to show of it's wavetable capabilities, probably reinforces that perception. However, there's some analog settings in the voice pages and then the drive setting in filter 1 that can really get rid of most of that. Not all, but definitely most.

It's not lacking in low end like some of the examples and presets might lead you to believe.

I love the fact that it's not knob-per-function but it has a pretty quick way of navigating. And unlike a lot of programmable synths, it's actually easy to see what the current setting are as the 8 primary encoders continuous and lit.

So far I'm ecstatic. Looks like an extremely powerful and useful instrument.

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope you get a lot out of it, it's a fabulous synth. There's a thread on it in the GearLab forum if you'd like to learn more.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music