Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Montage 8 Super Knob

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if Yamaha's spec for the Montage 8 keyboard height includes to the top of the Super Knob. I currently have an XF8 with the back end tucked in under a shelf on my diy desk.

I am planning on replacing the xf with the montage 8 and wondering if i will need to make a new shelf. If anyone can tell me the height of the unit plus super knob that would help greatly.

Thanks

Doug

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd measure my modx7 but it may be different (obviously the chassis material is pretty different).

I did eyeball it just now, and the super knob along with the volume and external in volume knobs do stick up quite a bit (the super knob actually may be a tad lower that those two).

The Montage really is chunky in all dimensions. It isn't even on my possible list for my next 88-key master as a result, and virtually any composer's desk I've seen notes that it simply won't fit their keyboard drawer. I keep hoping they'll do a successor that's a little more svelte, with a more responsive touchscreen to round things out. No sign so far.

Acoustic: Shigeru Kawai SK-7 ~ Breedlove C2/R

MIDI: Kurzweil Forte ~ Sequential Prophet X ~ Yamaha CP88 ~ Expressive E Osmose

Electric: Schecter Solo Custom Exotic ~ Chapman MLB1 Signature Bass

I find the touch screen to be perfectly responsive on my MODX 6 as well as my friend"s Montage 8.

Really? I haven't owned one, but in my brief time with a store model I found it sluggish to respond and requiring a relatively firm touch, like the older resistive touchscreens rather than the capacitive screens that have been common for the last decade.

Acoustic: Shigeru Kawai SK-7 ~ Breedlove C2/R

MIDI: Kurzweil Forte ~ Sequential Prophet X ~ Yamaha CP88 ~ Expressive E Osmose

Electric: Schecter Solo Custom Exotic ~ Chapman MLB1 Signature Bass

I find the touch screen to be perfectly responsive on my MODX 6 as well as my friend"s Montage 8.

Really? I haven't owned one, but in my brief time with a store model I found it sluggish to respond and requiring a relatively firm touch, like the older resistive touchscreens rather than the capacitive screens that have been common for the last decade.

They probably never calibrated nor cleaned it.

In the setup menu there's a section calibrate.

About once a week, I take my eyeglasses cleaning solution and the soft cloth and wipe it clean.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

As an aside, I wish these manufacturers would make keyboards flatter--if possible. I assume it is, since it's so darn light, but maybe every millimeter is packed with something inside, haven't opened my modx7 to find out. Most of us have stands that can tilt--or we can make sure we get one that can--so having that big ramp up from front to back is pretty annoying. I'm sure they've done the marketing though and as usual I'm in the minority!