Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Craig, you left Harmony Central and it's falling apart

Craig, you left Harmony Central and it's falling apart. ;)

There is no longer a log in button, I tried Firefox, Opera and Chrome. I guess you got out in the nick of time.

No great loss, there isn't much happening there anymore.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com

Style and Fake disks for Band-in-a-Box

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Craig, you left Harmony Central and it's falling apart. ;)

There is no longer a log in button, I tried Firefox, Opera and Chrome. I guess you got out in the nick of time.

No great loss, there isn't much happening there anymore.

Notes

Let me guess, you meant to post this a couple of years ago? :laugh:

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I haven't been involved officially in Harmony Central since November, 2017. I kept up appearances for a while to help out the three remaining principals, who felt that it had a better chance of being sold if I seemed to be involved.

I think of HC more as an old college I once attended - learned a lot, great library and resourses, met so many people from geniune geniuses to jerks, now abandoned and in ruins.

Still keep in touch with a few of the guys from those old days, 'tho :) Anyone know what's become of Blue?

nat

I remember when Harmony Central was first established. It was when I was running the Washington MIDI Users Group BBS. I can't remember the name of the guy who started it, but he was an MIT student at the time. He was posting occasional news about new music and recording products, as was I, on my BBS. I was getting a lot of press kits on floppy disks at the time, and passed the press material on to him. He was wondering if that was legal, but, as I did, used the PR material to describe the product in his own words, and joined the MIDILink Network.

Eventually Harmony Central grew to one of the largest and most active sound/music BBSs.

It's historic, it's folkloric, and it's broken :(

I still have a couple of friends there.

Dude! Invite them to play in our sandbox, it's more fun and besides, the pool is open 24 hours (just remember that the open bar closes at 2 AM sharp, no exceptions).