Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any Boss Waza Craft pedal users here?

RABid

I've seen some good YouTube reviews on them. Most have extra features and one thing mentioned is an improved buffer. The buffer is one reason to add a Boss pedal to your board. It is supposed to help the entire chain. So, I'm thinking about paying the extra and getting a Waza Craft version of a pedal. Is anyone here trying them? Any thoughts or preferences?

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DM-2w was on my radar but I found a used Carbon Copy for much less money. I liked the DM-2w.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

The one I don't understand is the tuner. Why release a Waza Craft version of the tuner?

It's a fashion statement. If you have a pedalboard that is all Waza then you must have the Waza tuner or be shunned by all proper Waza users.

Simple marketing.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Probably for the buffer. A lot of guys like the Boss Tuners just for the buffer.

Personally I"m a big proponent of Peterson Tuners. Guitars shouldn"t be tuned in perfect machine pitch. Often that is why a G chord can sound perfect and a E chord sounds off. Peterson programs in the temperament/adjustments. They call it sweetened tunings. Plus I"m a multi-instrumentalist. These adjustments are programmed for all my instruments. Pedal steel is particularly troublesome. Just like stretch tuning a piano.... a machine tuned piano sounds like ass. But ... my Petersons are true bypass. But I always have a TR-2 on the board. But I don"t worry about the buffer business much. In fact I used to introduce capacitance loss with 45" of cable to tame the high end on my Teles. My Esquire is brutal.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I just looked in on Sweetwater at Waza Craft pedals, they look cool, the Blues Driver is $99 the Boss Waza Craft Blues Driver is $159, I guess the extra 60 bucks is because of the the extra features and redesign (I suppose) I'd be interested in hearing the difference.

DM-2w was on my radar but I found a used Carbon Copy for much less money. I liked the DM-2w.

A little OT, but now that you mentioned that Carbon Copy, I had to go dig mine out of the box and put it through my Tone Master Deluxe Reverb amp for a little Sleep Walk test. It came through with flying colors for me! :thu:

Take care, Larryz

I have had a chance to demo nearly everyone at trade shows, and I would say... worth it. I can"t speak to individual preferences, but the quality of those I have played is stunning, and costs less than a boutique recreation. If you want 'that sound' but more refined, they have nailed it. That said, if you hated the DM2

don"t think it will change your mind.