Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Can the CP4 CFX grand actually work

Yes, it can and I don't think other digital pianos get close to the piano-like quality.

It needs adjustment to make itself sound right through the available master effects, with precise settings, or it is, well, just like out of the box or some bit improved downloads that I myself and (only) some others have made available. This download makes it work like a grand, if you hook it up to a big (accurate) audio system, and know how to make a grand piano sound (an accurate Ymaha one in this case), you'l be able to appreciate the coming together of digital signal path components in this sound:

1_CFXCOR.C7A

It's "Performance 1" , and it should be used with no edit changes at all, because even changing the volume into the Master Multi Compressor by 1 up or down will destroy the sound, so zero edits to test the intended sound as I made it, also, load the WHOLE FILE, INCLUDING THE MASTER EFFECTS because they are essential to make the samples come out right.

A simple but effective sound demo,recorded by the CP4's internal flash card recorder when playing this exact sound adn setup on the Yamaha's good keyboard:

cfxcordemo.flac

cfxcordemo.mp3 Same file, .FLAC is lossless compressed from the original recording .WAV file, mp3 stereo is 320kbps of the same, duration 2min40sec not too fancy demo playing but clearly stuff that IMO never works on anything digital

The fun side effect of this download can be you can change the program in the performance for another ROM program (there are quite a few aboard), and set all the following parameters to the same value as I set up for the piano: volume (on the right side of the first screen of the part parameter screen), and on the "filter..." screens the envelope and filter settings (use the "compare" function to check these values after loading another program), and suddenly all sounds (I tried a number of them) sound stellar in comparison.

It would be allowed to ask "what are these edits worth to you"...

Theo V.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic