Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

El Cielo y el Ojo Oro

49917781907_cdbcbac6ff_b.jpg

Hey, I thought you would like to see this photo that I took over the weekend in a very remote place in the Mojave Desert.

El Cielo y el Ojo Oro (6292)

~~~~~

You know you are somewhere quiet and remote when you are keenly aware of that barely perceptible "hum" and are conscious of how well you can hear your breathing. Silence is louder and the stars shine brighter. This is Ojo Oro Arch, a hidden gem located in a secret corner of the Mojave Desert, not a strange new world from "Star Trek" but almost as far. Bodhi Smith, Chip Morton and I hiked several miles and hung out during this night photography trip. When I finally settled down to sleep under the stars around 3:30 am cocooned by a canopy of stars and the Milky Way arching directly overhead. Every several minutes, I saw shooting stars streaking through the night sky.

~~~~~

IG, Facebook, 500px, Flickr: kenleephotography

~~~~~

Nikon D750/Irix 14mm f/2.4 lens, ProtoMachines LED2 light painting device.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic