Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Yamaha DX7IIFD - Seeking a Local (Chicago) Tech
#3034996 03/25/20 02:46 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Hello. Been away for a long time. Haven't been musically active for over past year or two due to life changes (none bad, thankfully).

Meanwhile, I bought a used DX7IIFD (years-long dream) and although in pretty good condition considering its age, the keyboard action needs work. Plus, I would like to have the battery replaced as well as see if the OS and display can be upgraded.

Can any of you Midwestern US members recommend a local technician who works on these, preferably in the Chicago region?

Thanks!

AtPG

Al, the Piano Guy
KC Island
Re: Yamaha DX7IIFD - Seeking a Local (Chicago) Tech
Al the Piano Guy #3035025 03/25/20 05:09 PM
Z
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Z
I'd punching your zip here. Looks like there are quite a few folks in your neck of the woods....

https://www.yamaha.com/paragon/servicerlocator/

Re: Yamaha DX7IIFD - Seeking a Local (Chicago) Tech
Al the Piano Guy #3035028 03/25/20 05:45 PM
D
D
I've used Deltronics in Chicago on two occasions, and I'm happy with the work they performed. They specialize in repair of electronic keyboard instruments (especially vintage units). In one case, they fixed a broken key on an Oberheim controller for me. They're at 2911 N. Halsted St in Chicago.

The only downside is their minimum charge for anything, no matter how trivial, including opening up your unit to evaluate, is $75. Of course, that charge can be applied toward the total cost of the repair, as one would expect.

Dennis

Dennis

Moderated by  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner 

Link Copied to Clipboard