Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Dexibell VIVO S7 PRO M

Searched the forum but didn't find a lot on this new release from Dexibell which will be displayed this coming weekend at NAAM. I'm interested in upgrading from my Kurzweil KA-90 which has a 60 watt built in speaker system that I use for solo piano gigs in conjunction with my V3 Grand Piano module. I'm not really interested in the sounds of the new Dexibell. I'm trying to get a comparison of the keyboard action and speaker system vs. the current VIVO P7 model. Specs on both list the Fatar TP-100 action and both have a 70 watt sound system using 3.5 full range speakers with a 108 dB max sound level. Assuming the new release will be about the same price as the current S7 PRO model, the P7 costs about $600 less. Do you think the speakers and action are identical between models and the price hike reflects mainly the upgraded sounds?

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

• 3 years later...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/13/2020 at 10:28 AM, Polkahero said:

Searched the forum but didn't find a lot on this new release from Dexibell which will be displayed this coming weekend at NAAM. I'm interested in upgrading from my Kurzweil KA-90 which has a 60 watt built in speaker system that I use for solo piano gigs in conjunction with my V3 Grand Piano module. I'm not really interested in the sounds of the new Dexibell. I'm trying to get a comparison of the keyboard action and speaker system vs. the current VIVO P7 model. Specs on both list the Fatar TP-100 action and both have a 70 watt sound system using 3.5 full range speakers with a 108 dB max sound level. Assuming the new release will be about the same price as the current S7 PRO model, the P7 costs about $600 less. Do you think the speakers and action are identical between models and the price hike reflects mainly the upgraded sounds?

A slight 'zombie thread' resurrection. 

Has anyone here purchased or tried one of these?  It's caught my interest, as the idea of condensing an RD88 and YC88 into one instrument for stage use has become appealing.  I already have capable coverage of current/vintage Yamaha and Roland tones at home, so the final product doesn't have to be either of those brands.  Straightforward editing and control features are needed, and built-in speakers are a huge plus; so this one appears to tick the boxes. 

Had a great demo of the S9 by Dexibell's Ralf Schink, Gearfest 2019, IIRC. Was a bit pricey for my situation at the time, but this S7 model might do the job nicely now. Thoughts, anyone?

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!