Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Liquid Lead patch in Software

This is heresy. I'm not a huge Jordan Rudess fan, and I find his iconic Liquid Lead to be decent but a little thin. If I go that route I'm more of a Sherinian/Monster lead fan myself. But, I've always wanted to check this one off my list of synth sounds to try to cop, and never succeeded. I also see some potential in modifying it to fit my tastes. There's some online tutorials, but they totally miss the mark by a mile, and then there are stock Kontakt patches you can purchase... not my thing for subtractive leads. I'd love to be able to program it into Massive, Serum, or Diva and screw around with it. Might even be willing to buy/download a pre-made patch to see how it's done.

Any ideas?

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember correctly it is built out of a lot of layers in the Kurzweil, including a guitar patch and some pizzicato sound. There was some site explaining it, but I can"t find it anymore. I would go Dave"s route.

Rudy

yeah, I read that too... which is weird, because I've seen it recreated on a number of hardware synths with completely different ROMPLER samples. Roli "Noise" app has it, but I don't do mobile stuff.

Eh, whatever, no big deal. I've got my own signature leads, just was hoping to learn something.

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

• 2 weeks later...

I found this somewhere on a old harddrive. don't know if this helps. its an old quote of Jordan:

"The leads that are offered in the 2500 and 2600 are things that I created so Kuzweil users could have a lead sound that is sonically similar to my personal sound.

My sound uses oboe-clarinet-sawtooth, distorted guitar, flute, square waves and sine wave stirred together with some spices thrown in.. It's 7 layers thick.

Some of those layers mentioned are more for the feedback effect when I need it. It's funny because there are some of the layers that are very quiet when you listen to them by themselves, but when put in the whole they add just the right flavor. Welcome to Jordan's kitchen

hour!

Tips:

If you have a kurzweil, try putting the clarinet and oboe/english horn waveforms thru a GAIN stage within the algorhythm. So the algorhythm looks like this.

.Pitch-Lowpass-Gain-Amp

Run the GAIN module up a bit hot and it will add bite to your basic waveform.You will need to compensate and turn down the finalAMP stage!!

Try this with many of the various waveforms I mentioned and then report back!

You will all be rocking soon and coming up with your own very awesome lead.

Don't forget some nice tapped delay-with very little verbage.Basically speaking delay works much better than verb on leads..

have fun,

musically,

Jordan"

Rudy