Next Thread
Print Thread
Quintuplets anyone (Riff of the Month)? #3010843 10/03/19 05:20 AM
M
Music With Marky Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Just sharin' my upload this week:

www.youtube.com/c/MusicWithMarky - Trying to make the world better, one guitar note at a time.
GP Island
Re: Quintuplets anyone (Riff of the Month)? [Re: Music With Marky] #3010941 10/03/19 08:05 PM
desertbluesman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Neat amigo. Very well presented.

dbm
If it sounds good, it is good !!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=143231&content=music
Harvey Cedars is my stage name on Soundclick
Re: Quintuplets anyone (Riff of the Month)? [Re: Music With Marky] #3010990 10/04/19 02:55 AM
Larryz Offline
10k Club
10k Club
Thanks MwM, Makes me want to work on my 5 note timing on my 5 note scale LOL! cool

Take care, Larryz
Re: Quintuplets anyone (Riff of the Month)? [Re: desertbluesman] #3010998 10/04/19 05:01 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by desertbluesman
Neat amigo. Very well presented.

Thanks, dude!

www.youtube.com/c/MusicWithMarky - Trying to make the world better, one guitar note at a time.
Re: Quintuplets anyone (Riff of the Month)? [Re: Larryz] #3011000 10/04/19 05:02 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Larryz
Thanks MwM, Makes me want to work on my 5 note timing on my 5 note scale LOL! cool

Thanks. I am trying to do some stuff that isn't just the "here's a million notes in an arpeggio" type thing. Learning to use quintuplets opens up a whole world of lined that are usable in ways beyond the riff itself.

Re: Quintuplets anyone (Riff of the Month)? [Re: Music With Marky] #3011030 10/04/19 03:20 PM
Larryz Offline
10k Club
10k Club
@ Mark, +1 the timing concept is more important than the riff and applying the concept to ones other riffs opens doors. I'm not a shredder so "a million notes in an arpeggio" does not interest me. The shredders are impressive but it's not a direction I work on to develop speed. Working quintuplets requires a similar speed practice when working with scales and in your riff, moving descending starting points is a cool part of the demo. I know the notes and was trying it half asleep last night and will get back on it later today. I come up with little riffs while running through the scales that just come out. The speed comes out as well. The fingers start talking and the brain starts remembering some of them now and then...thanks again! cool

Take care, Larryz
Re: Quintuplets anyone (Riff of the Month)? [Re: Larryz] #3011055 10/04/19 07:26 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Larryz
@ Mark, +1 the timing concept is more important than the riff and applying the concept to ones other riffs opens doors. I'm not a shredder so "a million notes in an arpeggio" does not interest me. The shredders are impressive but it's not a direction I work on to develop speed. Working quintuplets requires a similar speed practice when working with scales and in your riff, moving descending starting points is a cool part of the demo. I know the notes and was trying it half asleep last night and will get back on it later today. I come up with little riffs while running through the scales that just come out. The speed comes out as well. The fingers start talking and the brain starts remembering some of them now and then...thanks again! cool

Sure thing!

Moderated by  Bluesape, myles_rose