I'm not sure I'll be around much but I thought it might be interesting to share a computer thingy I recently was in to.
I run these big size DSP graphs under jack on Linux (Fedora), and the big 12 thread machine I use for that can only just handle the 3 phases (per phase) I operate on tracks with, so it's just without any signal graph errors ("zero X-runs" in jack language) and it in normal environment temperature is gets to be about 60 degrees Celsius (140 F), which I think is just doable. In the long run capacitors start to degenerate with time at over 50 degrees, and far above that, and it goes a lot faster, so I called in the help of a cheap AC unit to cool the env from 30 or so degrees (C) to make the mobo and the processor not too hot.
This computer has a big top fan, a huge (the largest) Zalman dual fan, multiple heat pipe cooler, but it's hard to get the temp down with the airco.
If the AC blows straight to the computer case, it gets somewhat cooler, but not by far enough, and the temp is not very stable. Blowing into the head, where the air is mainly taken in, it's a bit better, but mainly it comes down to having to cool the whole room (it's just a 1KW AC, so that takes hours) just to make the computer happier...
Now, before there's a storm of negative emotions, this is a test, with known limits to it's applicability for a "how does it sound" example.
On the other hand, it's a decent example of how I use a AT2020 and electronic preparation to drive the 3 phase studio chain I talked about, so that under reasonable circumstances the playback quality of the audio is prepared for normal DACs and speakers to sound a bit alright, among so many productions that make me cringe.
It's just a test poem of my voice, and piece of High Def nature filming I did many years ago run through another high demand computer setup, this time on windows 10, using Davinci Resolve video processing, nothing more, but it's hard to get a round sound with some high fidelity components that make sense for normal listening:
However there's considerable work I know needs to be done on certain delay correction settings: everything is there but of the thousands of effects some need other pre-compensation delays in the graph as it turned out while I was adding stuff. Also the input stage is highly sensitive, and I only did a very course adjustment this time.