Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Fuji thread... :) #3000494 07/26/19 11:32 PM
Krakked Knuckles Offline OP
Platinum Member
OP Offline
Platinum Member
I suspect that this might be the shortest thread seeing as I am the only one (atm) with a glorious fuji, but I am happy to talk to myself if necessary. grin ...... I won't learn anything but at least it will increase my post count.......

Last edited by xKnuckles; 07/26/19 11:33 PM.

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" wink Bluzeyone
Re: The Fuji thread... :) [Re: Krakked Knuckles] #3000500 07/27/19 12:56 AM
Synthoid Offline
10k Club
10k Club
Welcome to the photo forum. It's a bit too quiet over here... frown

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.
Re: The Fuji thread... :) [Re: Synthoid] #3000523 07/27/19 12:38 PM
Platinum Member
OP Offline
Platinum Member
Cheers Synthoid. We need a camera smiley.... smile

Re: The Fuji thread... :) [Re: Krakked Knuckles] #3000528 07/27/19 01:29 PM
Synthoid Offline
10k Club
10k Club
Sparky agrees.

[Linked Image]

Re: The Fuji thread... :) [Re: Synthoid] #3000602 07/28/19 02:07 AM
Platinum Member
OP Offline
Platinum Member
ROFL!! roll roll roll

Perfect!! grin

Re: The Fuji thread... :) [Re: Krakked Knuckles] #3000742 07/29/19 01:02 AM
R
RichieP_MechE Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
R
Originally Posted by xKnuckles
I suspect that this might be the shortest thread seeing as I am the only one (atm) with a glorious fuji, but I am happy to talk to myself if necessary. grin ...... I won't learn anything but at least it will increase my post count.......
Actually, you're not the only one with a Fuji, though maybe the only one with a digital version. I've got 5 film cameras from Fujifilm!

Re: The Fuji thread... :) [Re: RichieP_MechE] #3001109 07/30/19 10:11 PM
Platinum Member
OP Offline
Platinum Member
Five!!! You must be a one man Fuji museum, Rich. grin
You are most definitely welcome in this thread. (As is everybody else also...) smile

Re: The Fuji thread... :) [Re: Krakked Knuckles] #3001127 07/31/19 12:57 AM
Synthoid Offline
10k Club
10k Club
I used to buy Fuji transparency film. Does that help any? laugh

Re: The Fuji thread... :) [Re: Krakked Knuckles] #3001139 07/31/19 02:27 AM
Mike Martin Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
So in all seriousness xKnuckles, tell us more about why you use Fuji. There are a lot of photographers that just love everything about them. Their new medium format offerings are also amazing looking. Tell us everything. smile

Re: The Fuji thread... :) [Re: Krakked Knuckles] #3001277 08/01/19 01:01 AM
R
RichieP_MechE Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
R
So in exciting Fuji news today, I found out that we are buying a GFX100 for a robotics project at work. It will be integrated as part of a robot, but before that happens they're going to let me play with it for a day or two grin

Re: The Fuji thread... :) [Re: Krakked Knuckles] #3001294 08/01/19 02:11 AM
KenElevenShadows Offline
10k Club
10k Club
The Fuji XT2 and XT3 are amazing, the immediately accessible controls are easy to use, and their willingness to add new features in their firmware updates are fascinating. If they apply this same attitude and technology to their medium format offerings, they're gonna have a winner on their hands.

Re: The Fuji thread... :) [Re: RichieP_MechE] #3001298 08/01/19 02:14 AM
Synthoid Offline
10k Club
10k Club
Originally Posted by RichieP_MechE
So in exciting Fuji news today, I found out that we are buying a GFX100 for a robotics project at work. It will be integrated as part of a robot, but before that happens they're going to let me play with it for a day or two grin

Really? That's one amazing camera...

[Linked Image]

Re: The Fuji thread... :) [Re: KenElevenShadows] #3001357 08/01/19 02:14 PM
Mike Martin Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Originally Posted by KenElevenShadows
The Fuji XT2 and XT3 are amazing, the immediately accessible controls are easy to use, and their willingness to add new features in their firmware updates are fascinating. If they apply this same attitude and technology to their medium format offerings, they're gonna have a winner on their hands.

That is what I wanted xKnuckles to tell us about. wink

I have a neighbor that was a photographer major in college. She has some amazing prints around her house from her film days. She is so discouraged by digital cameras and technology she's essentially stopped shooting all together. She has an older Canon 1DX, great lenses and more but doesn't use them. I almost convinced her to sell it all and get a Fuji. Instead she bought a smaller Rebel T7i or something. Yes its a lot smaller than her 1DX but she barely uses it. Breaks my heart. She would probably be taking a lot of photos if she had switched to Fuji.

Yes Fuji has won customer's loyalty with the firmware updates. I love the ergonomics.

Re: The Fuji thread... :) [Re: Mike Martin] #3001362 08/01/19 02:48 PM
Synthoid Offline
10k Club
10k Club
Originally Posted by Mike Martin
I have a neighbor that was a photographer major in college. She has some amazing prints around her house from her film days. She is so discouraged by digital cameras and technology she's essentially stopped shooting all together.

Wow, I'm just the opposite. My old Nikon F2 was gathering dust for decades until I bought my D5600. I've found some great deals on used lenses in the last month or so, in addition to my old legacy Nikkor glass. It's a nice collection of primes and zooms.

Re: The Fuji thread... :) [Re: Krakked Knuckles] #3001412 08/01/19 08:22 PM
KenElevenShadows Offline
10k Club
10k Club
While I used a film camera, the idea that I could experiment freely and be as creative as possible and get instant feedback on the screen was amazing to me. There was no going back after that. While I live film, I am not going to pass up that creative opportunity.

Re: The Fuji thread... :) [Re: Mike Martin] #3001481 08/02/19 05:04 AM
KenElevenShadows Offline
10k Club
10k Club

I have a neighbor that was a photographer major in college. She has some amazing prints around her house from her film days. She is so discouraged by digital cameras and technology she's essentially stopped shooting all together. She has an older Canon 1DX, great lenses and more but doesn't use them. I almost convinced her to sell it all and get a Fuji. Instead she bought a smaller Rebel T7i or something. Yes its a lot smaller than her 1DX but she barely uses it. Breaks my heart. She would probably be taking a lot of photos if she had switched to Fuji.

Yes Fuji has won customer's loyalty with the firmware updates. I love the ergonomics.

They're great. I just don't have enough cash for multiple cameras. I have an old 2010 Leica point and shoot and the photos from this still look great, so I use that for a lot of things where I don't want to carry a large camera but I want better quality than a phone camera.

That's a pity about her attitude toward digital cameras. What exactly about them does she dislike? Maybe she should get that Nikon rangefinder DSLR or, yes, a Fuji XT3.

Re: The Fuji thread... :) [Re: KenElevenShadows] #3001511 08/02/19 01:40 PM
Mike Martin Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member

That's a pity about her attitude toward digital cameras. What exactly about them does she dislike? Maybe she should get that Nikon rangefinder DSLR or, yes, a Fuji XT3.

I don't know if its the camera or the computer. I think it was almost two years ago she spent a week with a friend hiking around the Grand Canyon. She did take her camera. I think all the images are still on the card.

Re: The Fuji thread... :) [Re: Mike Martin] #3001599 08/02/19 10:38 PM
KenElevenShadows Offline
10k Club
10k Club
It might be the whole process, including using the computer. A lot of people don't want to fiddle with a computer. It's not my favorite thing either, but it's a means to an end. I began recording music on analog tape and photographing on film, and both have led to using a computer. I like having all the control, but there's just sometimes in which I crave more physicality and want something more mechanical.

Re: The Fuji thread... :) [Re: Synthoid] #3001845 08/05/19 02:19 PM
Platinum Member
OP Offline
Platinum Member
Originally Posted by Synthoid
I used to buy Fuji transparency film. Does that help any? laugh

Absolutely Synthoid. It makes things much clearer. grin

Re: The Fuji thread... :) [Re: KenElevenShadows] #3001848 08/05/19 02:32 PM
Platinum Member
OP Offline
Platinum Member
[quote=KenElevenShadows]The Fuji XT2 and XT3 are amazing, the immediately accessible controls are easy to use, and their willingness to add new features in their firmware updates are fascinating. If they apply this same attitude and technology to their medium format offerings, they're gonna have a winner on their hands.

After much deliberation, I opted to buy a Fuji camera primarily because Ken told me to......... grin
Needless to say, it turned out to be a great suggestion. I love all the physical controls sooooooo much. I would never change to a camera with menus. I have reached the point where I can adjust them whilst shooting without looking etc. I would hate to have to be diving in and out of menus. It is also smaller and lighter than most other cameras which is important to me and my small hands. Looking through the electronc viewfinder is a gorgeous experience... so bright and colourful. And of course, it takes beautiful pictures.:)

Re: The Fuji thread... :) [Re: RichieP_MechE] #3001850 08/05/19 02:39 PM
Platinum Member
OP Offline
Platinum Member
It

evil I was looking for,a robot smilie and this was the best I could find...

That is most interesting Rich! Are you allowed to talk about this at all? I would be interested to know what the grand plan is for the camera and also if there was a particular reason why they chose that particular model. How did you get on with it? Are you now a convert?

Re: The Fuji thread... :) [Re: KenElevenShadows] #3001852 08/05/19 02:46 PM
Platinum Member
OP Offline
Platinum Member
It might be the whole process, including using the computer. A lot of people don't want to fiddle with a computer. It's not my favorite thing either, but it's a means to an end. I began recording music on analog tape and photographing on film, and both have led to using a computer. I like having all the control, but there's just sometimes in which I crave more physicality and want something more mechanical.

I would be willing to bet that it is the computer that is the problem. I remember how daunted I was when I took my first photos and then was unable to even look at them until I had figured out how to import them into LR....then I had to go through the whole rigmarole of learning the program...which seems extremely difficult when you first start. It took quite a while before I started liking the process (and I like it far more now that I have swapped to Capture one.....) grin

Re: The Fuji thread... :) [Re: Krakked Knuckles] #3001921 08/05/19 09:46 PM
KenElevenShadows Offline
10k Club
10k Club
It is daunting. Most film photographers did not process their own film, yet that is what we are doing here. On a computer.

As a side note, I was asked to submit several potential cover photos for an upcoming book I've created on night photography of abandoned sites in Southern California. I selected one photo that I had processed about three and a half years ago, and realized that I didn't care for some of the processing, thinking that I could do much better now, so I ended up re-processing it again. It's potentially for the cover, after all.

Re: The Fuji thread... :) [Re: Krakked Knuckles] #3001929 08/05/19 10:07 PM
R
RichieP_MechE Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
R
Originally Posted by xKnuckles
It

evil I was looking for,a robot smilie and this was the best I could find...

That is most interesting Rich! Are you allowed to talk about this at all? I would be interested to know what the grand plan is for the camera and also if there was a particular reason why they chose that particular model. How did you get on with it? Are you now a convert?

I'm not at liberty do discuss the specifics of the project cool, other than they wanted the highest resolution camera sensor they could get.

Haven't gotten a chance to use it yet, because apparently it's still not available. You can preorder it, but it's not clear when the actual shipping date will be.
*Edit*: turns out there was a lot more demand for this camera than Fuji expected, so the first batch already sold out. Seems like it's a one to two month wait now for the next round.

Re: The Fuji thread... :) [Re: Krakked Knuckles] #3001941 08/05/19 11:22 PM
KenElevenShadows Offline
10k Club
10k Club
That's a problem that Fuji is probably only to happy to have.

Have fun messing around with it when you have the chance!

Moderated by  KenElevenShadows, Mike Martin