Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

pickups?

lp2hotrod

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a non-question Dude!

Youu will know if you read this forum that you *NEED* a Strat (singles), a Tele (singles), a Les Paul ('buckers) and a les Paul Jr (P90s)just to do the professional business - Oh and a Gretsch and a PRS wouldn't go amiss either!!!

:D

McG

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Originally posted by McGeoff:

It's a non-question Dude!

Youu will know if you read this forum that you *NEED* a Strat (singles), a Tele (singles), a Les Paul ('buckers) and a les Paul Jr (P90s)just to do the professional business - Oh and a Gretsch and a PRS wouldn't go amiss either!!!

:D

McG

:D:thu:

I use all three, like many guitarists. Sometimes I'll use my Wildkat, which has p-90s - technically a single coil, though a lot of folks seem to think of them as an intermediate point between HBs and SCs, but for the most part I use my Strat, which has single coils in the neck and mid positions and a humbucker at the bridge (a Hot Rails, to be precise). But as for preference, I have to go with single coils, particularly the Alnico II at my Strat's neck.

Noodlesbad,

How does the Hot Rail + middle pickup sound together? Does it still "quack" like a regular Strat with a single coil in the bridge position?

quote:Originally posted by mdrs:

It's pure B.S., and obvioulsy inaccurate. I suspect it is posted for effect, not for accuracy.

John Petrucci > Johnny Winter

The Edge > Ted Nugent

Guitar One Mag > Guitarplayer

Slash > Carlton

Archived