Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Finally succumbed to the Monologue

I spent several weeks looking at the videos and felt the GAS build, but finally succumbed to the wiles of this little synth and got one, mostly to pair with my Circuit Tracks as a fun mobile (battery powered) rig. I have to say, I'm very impressed so far â the Korg has an addictive quality about it, which recalls many fun hours spent with my first ever synth (an EDP Wasp) and it sounds great fed into the Circuit's built-in effects. I was a bit concerned about the mini keys but they're surprisingly playable. Many hours down the rabbit hole await...

http://www.goldstraw.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/monologue.jpg

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you have a Sub 37 as well, what made you want to get the Monologue? I think Korg's budget synths are fantastic, by the way, so I'm just curious how it fits in for you.

Keyboards: Nord Electro 6D 73, Korg SV-1 88, Minilogue XD, Yamaha YPG-625

Bonus: Boss RC-3 Loopstation

I see you have a Sub 37 as well, what made you want to get the Monologue? I think Korg's budget synths are fantastic, by the way, so I'm just curious how it fits in for you.

I love the Sub 37. But I bought the Monologue to go with my also newly-acquired Novation Circuit Tracks â I can easily stuff both (and a set of headphones) in my day bag, take them anywhere and make some music.

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D