Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

On Stage Stands seat recommendation

I've been using an On Stage Stands KT7800+ folding seat for many years in my home studio. It sees my backside nearly every day and I teach piano lessons one night a week, five students. I've had this thing for many years and it's just now starting to show some wear, specifically with the vinyl failing a bit on the corners on the underside of the seat and also a slight seam failure on the top, about 2" long.

I looked online last night, planning ahead for a replacement. This same seat is now available at several online retailers for $38, down from $62. Includes free shipping too. Just ordered and will be here Thursday.

It's adjustable, rated for 340 pounds, is soft/comfortable and folds flat.

I love deals and thought I'd pass this on to the group.

Kurzweil Forte, Yamaha Motif ES7, Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max, Neo Ventilator

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also use the KT7800 seat. It's a decent option for $38, I believe that's similar to the price I paid some years ago.

As far as quality is concerned, I wouldn't put 300 lbs on it. The weld on one of the feet broke apart so I had a friend weld the living hell out of it and now it's the most sturdy part of the whole thing, lmao. The rubber stoppers on the feet slide off all the time and the vinyl seat is in bad condition. To be fair, it's 5+ years old.

When I replace it, I'm just gonna look at drum thrones.

Keyboards: Nord Electro 6D 73, Korg SV-1 88, Minilogue XD, Yamaha YPG-625

Bonus: Boss RC-3 Loopstation

I may be looking around for a tall stool or seat...I'm using a barber chair that has worked surprisingly well--it used to raise up and down, now it's only "up" :) and swivels, plus has a footrest. Best of all, I'm only about four inches lower than standing height, and I'm 6'3". iirc it's 30 inches tall.

On top of the "lift" not working, it's looking really ratty and is not easy to transport.

I normally stand but on some stages there's so little room that I having a stool is preferable to standing in place unable to move for the whole set....

hmm, something like this is even a bit taller, just as awkward to transport looks like, and even has a back to try out....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082F6Z98J/