Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tom Petty w/ the Black Crows last night in Denver!

Museeip

I had the pleasure of seeing Tom Petty with the Black Crows last night at Red Rocks in Denver. WOW!!!! What a show. The Black Crows played well, but Tom stole the show! I've never been to a show with so much evergy in the croud. 10,000 people dancing and singing every word to every song. Of course Red Rocks could be the most beautiful place on earth to see a show too. It's about 2,000 feet above the city of Denver in the foothills http://www.redrocksonline.com/index.tml . It's a natural ampitheature carved out of the red rocks and offers a stellar view of Denver. We where fortunate enough to have a lightning storm as the backdrop last night. I'll never forget hearing a wall of vox's blasting "Refugee" while the lightning danced across the night sky! If you still can check out this show get tickets, it could be the best bill of the summer. :thu:

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh ya for sure Petty always cranks I have seen him two times an was a great time..while you where at Red Rocks I was at the Stones concert here in Detroit at CoAmeica Park..here are some thoughts on that concert..........................WELL ONLY JUST AMAZING!!!! YA the boys really did it up right again but gezzz what a stage setup HUGE!!! and the sound was great too expecially for an outside venue! I was just to the left of center stage at row 14 and the mix was perfect there... Mic was a wirling dervish..I mean he never stopped in over two hours up,.down.back and forth at top speed and man never seemed to be out of breath ..just rockin so hard.. but what a great show in everyway! Woody and Keef where PERFECT! KEEF using tons of open tunings with so much balls and tone and woody doin great classic rock riffs constantly with casual ease and professionalism!! WATTS! is a time machine!! the best pocket drummer ever!! what a foot on that guy too!!!I like to watch Charlie.. sittin back just watching the show ..a couple of times i caught him doing one of these :rolleyes: at Jagger and then laughing!! of coarse all the sidemen and support musicians did a great job too the girls and everybody .... WOW!!! anyway I could go on for ever here ..all I can say is the Stones NEVER dissapoint!!! true SUPERSTARS! :thu:

Archived