Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone know anything about bassman 70?

archibald3

Ive seen one for sale in a small music store in a town i was playing in[it was closed at the time].It was about $350 canadian,seemed like a great price.I`m a guitar player and really loved using the old silverface and blackface bassman ive tried.This bassman 70 has a master volume though-i`m just wondering if they still break up as nice[or in the ballpark] as the silverface bassman or what really the difference tonewise is? Arch

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These were built between '77 and '83. Not sure how they sound but the circuit is pretty simple. So if you want to change the sound, it can be done with minimal fuss.

$350 cdn sounds like an ok deal for a handwired amp.

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

No it does not-but i`m not too worried about the price.I`ve been looking for a bassman for the right price for some time now and $350 is a good deal.I was just concerned that the bassman 70,which i`ve heard is good for a clean sound,might be a dog when it breaks up.I re-iterate if anyone knows fill me in-and thanks for your response Gabriel-i would consider modifying it for an improvement in tone. Arch

Originally posted by archibald3:

No it does not-but i`m not too worried about the price.I`ve been looking for a bassman for the right price for some time now and $350 is a good deal.I was just concerned that the bassman 70,which i`ve heard is good for a clean sound,might be a dog when it breaks up.I re-iterate if anyone knows fill me in-and thanks for your response Gabriel-i would consider modifying it for an improvement in tone. Arch

Maybe I'm being cavalier with your money, but I'm going in...

Buy it. Just try it out in the store. I don't really understand the problem...is there some reason you can't give it a try before buying it?

Otherwise, if you are unsure, use it to your advantage and haggle, offer them 280 for it. Sometimes it is good to not want a piece of equipment too much ;.)

Worst case, you buy it, don't like it, and sell it on Ebay or locally for a profit.

====================================================

Check out my original music at

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/jacker

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice,

but not in practice."

Archived