Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My CD got a decent review from Sea Of Tranquility.

leadfootdriver

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well,congrats are in order, Neil!

"...boiling riffs melt with a bubbling undercurrent of fluid fretwork on Claim Station..."
Got a little mp3-sample from that tune (a boiling-riff here, a little bubbling fluid undercurrent there) ;):cool: that you might throw out a link to? Sounds interesting!

Or is there another example you'd feel better represented by? Give us just a little byte!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Cool!

If you can, leave it available for a little while, I'm currently (slowly, dial-up) downloading that Band of Gypsies Rehearsals bit...

Thanks!

Hey, that's not too shabby! ;):cool:

I like the riffing-guitar's shift there to playing on the upbeats; and that lead-work is the work of a solid dog, somewhere between classic/bluesy rock and your better examples of shredonism.

Izzatt what you'd call "New Jack Swing", there in that sample from "Claim Station"?

The overall vibe and sound reminds me some of Steve Vai's Passion and Warfare album, particularly the arrangment and rhythm-guitar sound; though I wouldn't say that you crib from him on soloing style. You sound a little more earthy and trad/rootsy, less "shred", but with definite gusto.

Originally posted by CaevanO'Shite:

Izzatt what you'd call "New Jack Swing", there in that sample from "Claim Station"?

The overall vibe and sound reminds me some of Steve Vai's Passion and Warfare album, particularly the arrangment and rhythm-guitar sound; though I wouldn't say that you crib from him on soloing style. You sound a little more earthy and trad/rootsy, less "shred", but with definite gusto.

I don't think my playing is like vai's at all. To get technical, vai plays EL34's, which are more forgiving playing wise, with a distortion pedal crutch. I play 6l6's with all tube Mark Series gain, which is tight, and revealing. My style is by far more heavy handed, with much more power, and vibrato, and intervalic space.

But I'll take it as a complement, since vai has benifited from the suroundings of indusrty profesionals for decades, and I'm just some guy in his room, doing everything on his own.

Frankly, I'm tired of all the hype that surrounds that small group of players, like they're the best of the best. You can go to ANY town, and find some guy that just wails like nobodys buisness. So don't think I'm trying to pat myself on the back. The only differance is that that lone guy doesn't have the industry machine behind them.

It's just like, why couldn't the most honest person, who has the worlds best interests at heart be president? Because the monopolys don't make money, and keep power over the people that way. It all comes down to money, bottom line. But I'm not jaded, and I'm certainly not vain.

MySpace

Well, I just meant that the rhythm-section sound and vibe made me think of a particular track on that album; and I didn't mean that you were being derivative there, at all.

Also please note my comments there on your soloing sound and style- I think that your descriptive comparison there ("vai plays EL34's, which are more forgiving playing wise, with a distortion pedal crutch. I play 6l6's with all tube Mark Series gain, which is tight, and revealing. My style is by far more heavy handed, with much more power, and vibrato, and intervalic space.") very definitely bears out my previous observation that you "sound a little more earthy and trad/rootsy, less "shred", but with definite gusto".

Just tossin' the ball around here, and actually listening to and thinking about your clip!

(I hope that you gathered that I liked it!)

Archived