Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ampeg, G-212, opinions?

Robman2

It's kind of beat but I would hand it off to Billy in Venice, CA for a cap review.

Has anyone used these, do you still own one?

Best I can find is, they are way clean for solid state even when at 11.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I've no gigging amp besides the 55 Vibrolux and 67 Champ...

Thanks,

Rob

Label on the reverb, inside 1973 Ampeg G-212: "Folded Line Reverberation Unit" Manufactured by beautiful girls in Milton WIS. under controlled atmosphere conditions.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bleak responses?

I guess none of you esteemed users have ever run acrosss this 70's beast?

Thanks,

Rob

Label on the reverb, inside 1973 Ampeg G-212: "Folded Line Reverberation Unit" Manufactured by beautiful girls in Milton WIS. under controlled atmosphere conditions.

A close friend of mine has owned a 70's era Ampeg G410 combo for about ten years. It was a very natural sounding SS amp and very loud. The cabinet on that 410 model was as bigger than most 4 x 12" cabs (about the same size as a Marshall 1960 cab). The amp served double and triple duty as a bass amp or PA. It handled all the abuse we could throw at it (not just the bass and PA duty, but also high volumes, extremely low ohm loads and even a little time in the rain!). A few years back he bought a Marshall TSL and chopped the head off of the combo to create a one-of-a-kind 4 x 10" cab; he also kept the "head" portion of the combo as a backup for the TSL. If the G212 is anything like the G410, it should be a cool little SS amp.

You know, I owned that bottom cabinet way back when, my borther sold it out from under me when I had it stored at his house, you are correct about abuse, I was running a Gretsch Nashville full throttle, through an Acoustic 150 head.

I made the deal today for $200 at a store in Nor Cal, after I spoke with Tom at Guitar Trader who told me book was $350 and up.

Thanks for the feedback.

R

Archived