Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I *MUST* have good taste in music because...

surgevw

All that stuff is so hard to learn!

Books I have bought (and mostly set aside until I learn more, but I take bits and pieces as I can)

Steely Dan (who knew Bodhissatva was so fast!)

Take Five (take your pick- Paul Desmond on sax or George Benson on guitar)

SRV

Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring (J.S. Bach- pretty with all the plucked intervals, but I was used to strumming chords, not classical guitar when I picked it up)

any other suggestions on things I should add to my collection of things to learn? :D

still a noob!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what album is New Damage on?

Heh when I was college, I bought the first(?) Soundgarden album (Louder Than Love) and wasn't sure what to make of it (in the cultural wasteland of NH, remember) -more screaming than singing by Chris Cornell then.

still a noob!

Red River Valley.........laugh, but its a simple song that requires a little nuance to make it sound good. I've always thought that many people can play simple music, but not many can make simple music sound good.
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

The Tower & The Crane by Pat Bergeson, from a recent Fingerstyle Guitar mag with 17 or 18 songs published in the mag or on the accompanying CD along with the music. Every song is in the style of Chet Atkins, and the players range from Nashville session ace, Mark Casstevens to Hellecasters/Elton John guitarist, John Jorgenson. Oh, and a classical guitarist and friend of mine, Roger Hudson.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived