Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Danelectro Guitars

doug osborne

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
$500 is a bit much for a newer Dano, IMO. I bought my Convertible for $250 new less than 10 years ago, FWIW. It was a fun guitar to play, but the SOB was impossible to intonate. They are fun, quirky guitars, but not the best of quality in the slightest.

From what I understand (culling reports from NAMM) the folks at Danelectro will be putting out one limited edition guitar per year the next few years. This year it's the '56 Pro. Next year there will be a re-issue of another model.

The $499 is MSRP too. It will probably go for less than that on the street...

John

Originally posted by jbote:

From what I understand (culling reports from NAMM) the folks at Danelectro will be putting out one limited edition guitar per year the next few years. This year it's the '56 Pro. Next year there will be a re-issue of another model.

The $499 is MSRP too. It will probably go for less than that on the street...

They probably flooded the market when they first re-issued them and had to pull back production until demand went back up.

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

You're probably correct Bluestrat.

I know that the U2's were pretty quirky, and so is the DC-12 in some ways, but all in all, it is a incredibly good little 12 string. The bridge is a good quality unit, and intonating it is pretty easy. It's not the easiest thing to tune, but that's par for the course (pun intended) for a 12 string. It stays in tune fairly well once you get it set. The neck is a joy to play, and it sounds really good. The bridge pup is a little weak, but in the mid-switch position, this thing sounds killer! And I got it for next to nothing.

No, it's not for sale. :P:D

I'm a big Dano fan. I played one of the new ones at NAMM. It seems to be a better constructed instrument overall than the '90's era reissues. Reminds me of the Jerry Jones guitars mor ethan the Dano reissues.

Can't wait for the 12 string or the Baritone to be released.

Archived