Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Elton John & George Michael, no love lost...

spiral light

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These BBC news links are pretty transient - some last only a few hours - however George and Els

lton are sniping at each other - I think Elton started it when he said George 'should get out more', following a prog shown on TV recently in which he (George) came over as being fairly arrogant and navel-gazing (IMHO).

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Yeah, Elton John and George Michael - the 2 most important names in the history of music. :rolleyes:

But ya gotta love it when 2 rich gay guys cat fight! How fun it would be if they got into a physical tussle on some televised awards show. I think George would win that one.

Well, I for one take exception to your comment, Abnorm, in regards to Elton John.

But I can't say Elton isn't asking for cheap shots with many of the public comments he has made, both past and present. I thought the ridiculous side of his public personae would largely disappear when he decided to cease wearing giant duck costumes, etc. onstage. And for a while it seemed that worked. But it seems he's becoming more and more outlandish again.

The man is a musical genius and icon. I only wish he'd stick to making great music. The last two pieces of music that thrilled me from EJ were Blessed and The Last Song. That was a while ago, EJ.

Now if he doesn't choose to work at writing, that's his business. But I just haven't been impressed with most of what passes for EJ compositions in the past 10 years.

But though that tarnishes (IMO) his celebrity personae, it doesn't erase the many albums full of incredible music with lyrics by Taupin.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived