Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Pete McCarthy died

spiral light

http://www.uktouring.org.uk/petemccarthy/

Pete McCarthy went from comedian to travel show host to author. His two books (McCarthy's Bar and The Road To McCarthy) are well worth the read taking him around Irealnd (in 'Bar) and 4 continents ('Road'). Unfortunately I'm posting this over a week after he died, I guess I must have been to involved in reading The Road To McCarthy which I started again around that time (I am a McCarthy too hence my interest).

:(

www.windhamhill.com - Shameless Advertising!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I must confess that I don't believe I've heard of him 'till now; but those sound like two books that I'll have to read! Interesting, especially the first one you mention there, 'light...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

I must confess that I don't believe I've heard of him 'till now; but those sound like two books that I'll have to read! Interesting, especially the first one you mention there, 'light...

You should definitely check them out, great sence of humor in them.

Originally posted by longfuse:

I never got round to reading his books but I used to enjoy his travel programmes (he had a good sense of humour). I only found out over the weekend too. Shame...

I believe it was travelog, I saw one once where he was in Hawaii, the camera was zoomed n close to him as he was talking about the natural beauty that is inherent in the island (camera zooming out now), he goes on to bemoan: so why the hell do they do they put a f@&king golf course in the middle of it!!!

Great stuff.

Archived