Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Jensen P10R speakers

tjryan

How would a set of 10" Jensen (8 ohmns)P10R speakers alter the sound of a Peavey Classic 50 4x10 if they were used instead of the stock 10" Blue Marvels. I like my blues with a bit of dirt and warmth. I love the Blue Marvels in the Delta Blues 410 I now own, but, in all honesty, they are all I've ever used. Would Jensen's give a crunchier, ballsier and bluesier sound to a Classic 50 4x10 or would it make it cleaner than the Blue Marvels? I don't want it too clean. Basically, which speakers are better?

tony

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how much difference you'll hear between the two, but I do know that particular Jensen sounds good with the right amp. Given that your amp is EL84 powered, I think you'll get a cool English vibe.

Asking tech questions in here is hit and miss, lots of miss. I'd go to the Weber site and check out the customer comments on particular speakers that closely match the Jensen 10 incher. Of course if you're gonna shell out some cash on four speakers, choose wisely grasshoppah! :)

Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

Archived