Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

i stole a guitar today

wietse

can't call it anything else a nice old italian guitar a melody (eko) for 120 euro in gigbag.

1 piece mahogany body ,maple neck ,rosewood fretboard , 2 humbuckers .

made me happy again , yesterday i was angry because of damage on my car but this baby sure helps forgetting this.

http://www.gitaar.net/forum/download.php/4,464/melodystratmodel.JPG

http://www.gitaar.net/forum/download.php/4,465/melodystratmodelbody.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by wietse:

no not retrofit original , this guitar is made by melody that was a small factory wich also did a lot of work for eko at that time.

so no real eko this one ;)

All the Ekos tht made it adross the pond, that I saw anyway, were el cheapo models. It's weird that they had a decent line and didn't import it here. In any event, very cool axe. You scored, braddah, congrats.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

All the Ekos tht made it adross the pond, that I saw anyway, were el cheapo models. It's weird that they had a decent line and didn't import it here. In any event, very cool axe. You scored, braddah, congrats.

they made good guitars , but even here the expensive models are a rare find .

too much competition with the big american builders like fender and gibson they ruled the market in that price range that's mainly the reason that you don't see them often.

i just played a bit on it the intonation was bad but i fixed that.

it plays realy smooth nice vintage sounding pu's ,now find a place to store it at the moment there are 31 guitars in my living room and one bass.

so a little bit crowded over here :D

I've got a late 70's Eko acoustic that is extremely well built from first rate woods with outstanding attention to detail. It plays beautifully but the only complaint I have about it is that they layered what seems to be a polyeurethane finish on it so thick that it deadens the sound somewhat.

Originally posted by Crypt picker:

The pickguard and humbuckers are retrofit aren't they? I don't recall ever seeing an Eko with real humbuckers or a woodgrain pickguard before.

have to recall what i said earlier that's i t all original ,it's not took it apart because of a loose wire and what i discovered didn't make me happy.

the pickguard is handmade ,the pu's are epiphone (brand new i think) and they took a piece out of the body to make space for the extra volume and tone pot.

if i see that guy again who sold me this guitar he's got something coming , whit his crap talk of all original and bought it myself new .

the guitar is worth it's money , but for a collector the value has now radical dropped.

ond i dont like it when people try to fool me this way.

if i knew it was not original anymore i wouldn't have bought it i think.

he better never sells stuf at that same fleamarket again , because that everebody there will hear how i think about people like that.

oh well, at least it's playable. I mean, I don't know what the vintage market is like on Ekos, but I'd rather have a guitar that I can use than one that sits in a box looking interesting but you couldn't use playing out.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Originally posted by wietse:

Originally posted by Crypt picker:

The pickguard and humbuckers are retrofit aren't they? I don't recall ever seeing an Eko with real humbuckers or a woodgrain pickguard before.

... i dont like it when people try to fool me this way...
sorry to say so, but looks like he didn't just TRY to fool you ;) - advice: next time, do a little research and/or take a screwdriver to the object of your GAS before you put down your money

on the other hand - if the guitar plays well and sounds good, I guess you still have quality for the $, no?

- due to recent cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been SWITCHED OFF

Archived