Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

rockster guitars?

wietse

anybody heard of them?

i bought one today , looks good , don't like the paintjob that much . never like national symbols does'nt matter wich country.

plays good , sounds not that good but for 50 euro not bad .

now i can't find any information on this brand of guiitar.

mayby you guys know more.

http://www.gitaar.net/forum/download.php/4,450/rocksterbody.jpg

http://www.gitaar.net/forum/download.php/4,448/squierenrockster.jpg

the other guitar on the pic is the japanese 87'squier wich i also bought from the same guy for 150 euro in his case ,not a bad deal though.

that guitar is in deadmint condition.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm guessing it's a Korean or Taiwanese guitar from the 80s. Could be Japanese too. Maybe built by Samick or Saga or another Asian producer. They probably produced tens of thousands of that model guitar under various brand names.
"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

googlin' myself i discovered that you could get these guitars in various shapes , and with different paintjobs.

but no plain top all with a decoration like on this one ,like judge dredd japanese flag ,a fist and more.

took the back plate of a few moments ago and discovered the body is no plywood , maybe basswood.

that's at least one positive thing on this guitar.

it plays ok nice low action , the sound is quite sharp and punchy .

don't think the pu's are emg's only the covers make them look like it.

but i'm going to sell it again , the more i look at it the uglier it becomes.

the squier stays i'm thinking of selling my first guitar , a animal strat now.

did'nt touched that for over two years.

• 1 year later...
Originally posted by wietse:

[QB] anybody heard of them?

i bought one today , looks good , don't like the paintjob that much . never like national symbols does'nt matter wich country.

plays good , sounds not that good but for 50 euro not bad .

now i can't find any information on this brand of guiitar.

mayby you guys know more.

I know this post was a long time ago, but yeah, I've heard of them. I bought one in '93 in the states. For the money, it's the best guitar I've had. I have a strat and a les paul now, and of course love them dearly, but my baby will always be my first, my Rockster. It's heavy as hell, the frets are a bit high, but the sound is raw, heavy and demonic with the right amp. People give me shit for having a rockster still, but if need be, that's the one I'd pick up to beat the hell out of them for saying so. I love it and play it most to this day.
hi!

• 2 months later...

I know this thread is ancient but I have to post!

This was the first guitar I ever owned, the exact same one with the eagle/flag image. I was about 12 and obssessed with Guns and Roses. I am 28 now. I pleaded with my parents to get me a guitar and eventually my dad gave in and for my birthday we went to a guitar shop, Live On Stage in Wakefield, which I believe is long gone.

My dad thought this guitar malarky was going to be a passing fad and insisted on getting the cheapest thing going. The guy recommended this. It was £99 pounds but came in a flightcase style cardboard box, along with; a tiny battery powered amp

http://paulcooijmans.lunarpages.com/p/essay/guitars/rockster.jpg

It also had a plectrum, curly cable and perhaps worst of all, a tape and accompanying music to 'Lemon Cool', an imaginary band. Said 'flightbox' was covered in faul Lemon Cool stickers, yknow, Japan, Usa etc.

If your guita has slight marks near the pick up selector then it could have been mine. I put 2 stickers on, which my dad made me take off when I traded it in.

I loved it! But then all my friends at school started playing guitar after me and all got gradually better equipment, the first got a marlin start (eugh), the next got a squier strat and the last got a squier tele. About 8 months later I took it back and got £50 quid off the £250 asking price for a Hohner L90 Les Paul Goldtop rip off, which incidentally sucked, with wonky 'pearl' inlays and an awful scream with any like a bit of gain.

Ah nostalgia, thanks for indugling me. :bor:

Archived