Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Delta 88 - pretty amazing amp

myles_rose

have just updated the page at

http://www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com/doctorz88.html

with some new photos that were just taken.

http://www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com/images/Delta_88_001.jpg

http://www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com/images/Delta_88_003.jpg

More photos and info at the link.

Myles S. Rose

www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com

www.la-economy.blogspot.com

www.facebook.com/mylesr

www.twitter.com/myles111us

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sweet. Myles, you've got to be an Oldsmobile kind of guy, naming an amp Delta 88. Am I right, or am I the only car guy here today? If your top of the line, pimped out amp is a 98, that nails it!
I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

The amp should have arrived on Friday 8/27 via UPS. Tracking the amp I saw the dreaded UPS words "rescheduled". This a

nice way of saying your package is lost or rerouted.

From your website Myles.

I've come to the conclusion that you can't really rely on UPS as far as "rescheduled" deliveries. It seems to me that when you're expecting delivery on say, the 1st, and the tracking site says "rescheduled", they still show up with it on the 1st half the time. IMO, that's a pain in the butt when you're trying to decide on when it's going to be delivered so you can be there to sign for the package.

BTW, that Delta 88 looks like a cool blues machine. :thu:

quote:
Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

The amp should have arrived on Friday 8/27 via UPS. Tracking the amp I saw the dreaded UPS words "rescheduled". This a

nice way of saying your package is lost or rerouted.

From your website Myles.

I've come to the conclusion that you can't really rely on UPS as far as "rescheduled" deliveries. It seems to me that when you're expecting delivery on say, the 1st, and the tracking site says "rescheduled", they still show up with it on the 1st half the time. IMO, that's a pain in the butt when you're trying to decide on when it's going to be delivered so you can be there to sign for the package.

BTW, that Delta 88 looks like a cool blues machine. :freak:

In any case .... the amp is "home" now and the Svetlana EF86 has been swapped out for an NOS EF86 from Mike at KCA NOS (NOS Dario Miniwatt EF86----------------------------------------------------$ 45 Each

) (www.kcanostubes.com) and made as big of a difference in this amp as in my other amps that use EF86 tubes. This tube is labelled as Made in Holland but has the typical Phillips construction (they owned Mullard and Mullard invented the EF86) so they are somewhat of a bargain.

The amp is agressive .... it is anything but a one trick clean amp. It is very much like a cranked Marshall Major (also a KT-88 amp). It sounds great at low levels and high levels too. It spans a range from about 30+ clean watts to well over 100 watts when cranked.

The power transformer looks like something out of a piece of 2500 watt broadcast equipment.

I will write more when I learn more.

By the way .... anybody in So Cal or visiting ... you are more than welcome to call me to drop by on a weekend (and bring your amp for some free tubes, free bias, and free checkout) and try this new Delta 88 out.

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

Originally posted by LeftyBlues:

Sweet. Myles, you've got to be an Oldsmobile kind of guy, naming an amp Delta 88. Am I right, or am I the only car guy here today? If your top of the line, pimped out amp is a 98, that nails it!

LeftyBlues ..........

Good call ....

Dr Z. has named a lot of his amps from cars ...

Delta 88, Mazerati, Z-28 ... and car themes ... Route 66 .... and then there is the Carmen Ghia (which was actually named after his grandson Carmen I believe but I may be wrong.)

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

Originally posted by myles111:

By the way .... anybody in So Cal or visiting ... you are more than welcome to call me to drop by on a weekend (and bring your amp for some free tubes, free bias, and free checkout) and try this new Delta 88 out.

I might just have to take you up on that one of these weekends Myles. :)

[QB] Am I right, or am I the only car guy here today? [QB]

I noticed this too, I just didn't think it was pertinent to discussion, but since someone else brought it up. :D I love cars too. :love:
Shut up and play.

Originally posted by revolead:

I noticed this too, I just didn't think it was pertinent to discussion, but since someone else brought it up. :D I love cars too. :love:
Me too! :cool:

Did'ja see the new Motor Trend? New Corvette, 400 hp, 0-60 4.6 seconds, 186 mph top end :thu:

Oh, yeah, guitars; cool amp :cool:

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

I knew there had to be a few gear heads out there in forum land somewhere. One of my other hobbies is building model cars, though it's taken a hit since I started playing guitar last year. Stupid work, getting in the way of life!!Myles, I took a look at the Doctor's website and right off the bat noticed the Maserati, etc. Pretty nice amps too! Love to stop in a see you some day, my wife swears she's going to get me out to yonder left coast so I can take in Pebble Beach and the Italian Concours.
I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

Originally posted by myles111:

I might just have to take you up on that one of these weekends Myles. :)
Phillip,

You are more than welcome and more than welcome to bring friends too.

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

I knew there had to be a few gear heads out there in forum land somewhere. One of my other hobbies is building model cars, though it's taken a hit since I started playing guitar last year. Stupid work, getting in the way of life!!Myles, I took a look at the Doctor's website and right off the bat noticed the Maserati, etc. Pretty nice amps too! Love to stop in a see you some day, my wife swears she's going to get me out to yonder left coast so I can take in Pebble Beach and the Italian Concours.

Drop on by this side of tbe country ... you and your wife can stay with my family and I will drive up to Monterey with you for the car shows!

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

I had a 1964 4 door Chevy II, that's what they were called before renaming them Nova. Pretty nice shape but needed TLC from a loving owner, which in this case wasn't me. I did manage to put a V8 on it but sold it cheap to my daughter's uncle. He'll take care of it.

I liked the car a lot: Cool vintage look with the right amount of cheese factor being a 4 door. Maybe someday I'll get back to cla$$ics. Anyway, got a 2003 VW Jetta now.

Originally posted by Dave th Dude:

Originally posted by revolead:

Me too! :cool:

Did'ja see the new Motor Trend? New Corvette, 400 hp, 0-60 4.6 seconds, 186 mph top end :thu:

Oh, yeah, guitars; cool amp :cool:

I like the C6, but everyone in Colorado Springs seems to own a Corvette, so IMO, they just got obnoxious. They're a great car and all, but when 2 of your friends' dads own them, there's no appeal in buying one yourself.

BTW - Those numbers are rather shabby for what I'm into. :D The 2003 Z06 ran a 4.1 second 0-60 and I believe was around the same top speed. But my taste is in Italian exotics, so its high-speed, high-dollar autos for me.

BTW - I want to work for either MotorTrend or some othe car mag. GuitarPlayer would be cool too.

Shut up and play.

Archived