Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Harmonic Design Z90's

daddyelmis

Just installed a pair of these `bucker sized single coils (a semi-p90) in my Epi LP . . . and I am in love with this guitar again.

I will now admit in open forum that I'm just not a humbucker kinda guy -- born and raised on Strats and Tele's. I like a JB in the bridge, overdriven, but anything less and I just don't dig the sound of a humbucker.

These Z90's are not quite as "single coil" as a true P90, but add "character" to the tone of what I would call a "typical" single coil sound. They are just fabulous clean, slightly overdriven, or flat out cranked. :love::D:D:D

And they drop into the humbucker slot. :thu:

I love the tone out of this guitar now and it will finally see regular action in the rotation.

The JB and 59 that used to be in there will now go to the Godin LGX (I figure I have to have one `bucker equipped guitar -- and besides, it coil splits!).

www.ruleradio.com

"Fame is like death: We will never know what it looks like until we've reached the other side. Then it will be impossible to describe and no one will believe you if you try."

- Sloane Crosley, Village Voice

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Big Red 67:

Sellin' the godins PU?

If I get the Duncans in there with no problem, probably. May be a couple weeks before I have the time to do the replacement.

I'll let you know. :)

www.ruleradio.com

"Fame is like death: We will never know what it looks like until we've reached the other side. Then it will be impossible to describe and no one will believe you if you try."

- Sloane Crosley, Village Voice

Archived