Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I'm off batteries - for good!

njrocker

Finally got all the adapters I need! I have to carry a bit more stuff around but it's well worth it. No more weird sounds from a battery on its death bead or worrying about my effects crapping out mid-song.

I'm also quite proud of myself for avoiding spending any more money than necessary (one adapter is from a weird video game system, another I found in the attic, and pedal board? - no way! Just a really long extension cord and a power strip or two).

I feel good! :thu:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a Goldyke AC adaptor - one switching power supply with DC outputs you daisy-chain to your effects - for about $40.

The only problem is (don't get Eric Johnson started on this...) some effects don't sound as good on converted AC as they do from a battery. My vintage ProCo Rat, for example.

Originally posted by bluestrat:

And I'm off of using a power chord, amp, and all that rot. I just plug my trusty Beringer Ultra DI into the sound system at church and play. Chorus pedal optional. :)

Last Sat. we had more wattage than the church did ;););)
Lynn G

Originally posted by guitar geezer:

Originally posted by bluestrat:

And I'm off of using a power chord, amp, and all that rot. I just plug my trusty Beringer Ultra DI into the sound system at church and play. Chorus pedal optional. :)

Last Sat. we had more wattage than the church did ;););)
The PA speakers in our church are old (with a 80's vintage board) and are in the perfect range for guitar. There's plenty of bass for guitar, but not enough for keys or bass, so the keys and bass are run through seperate amps. But for my guitar, the PA sounds awesome!! I still need to do something about monitoring myself though..

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Originally posted by FunkJazz:

i'm hooked on the OneSpot adaptor by visual sound. since i wired up my pedal board with one, i've never been happier :thu:

Amen, One Spot. Small, simple, CHEAP, powers everything. Most excellent and a perfect example of "Why the hell didn't somebody invent this 10 years ago?"

www.ruleradio.com

"Fame is like death: We will never know what it looks like until we've reached the other side. Then it will be impossible to describe and no one will believe you if you try."

- Sloane Crosley, Village Voice

How's the OneSpot as far as noise? I have a Guyatone eight output power supply that I got used at a music shop for under $20. It's been great except once when the club had really bad grounding and I had a lot of hum from the lighting.

Mac Bowne

G-Clef Acoustics Ltd.

Osaka, Japan

I had an idea for what I wanted in a power strip and found one that had it, by accident. I don`t even know who makes it but now that I have it-on/off switches for each outlet. Too cool, leave everything plugged in, just turn on the outlets you need.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Archived