Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Zip-Tie mystery

alanfc

hi-

OK so I've been through about 500 images of pedalboards on Google and and cannot find =one= example of Zip Ties in use on a pedal board securing the pedals. Seems like everyone is using velcro.

But I want Zip Ties (^*%)*%R@ :mad:

zip tie users love it compared to velcro, and now I'm wanting them too.

So anyone of you have a pedalboard with pedals secured with zip ties?

This is :cry::cry: but I can't picture how this works..... you wrap the zip tie around the pedal, L-R, wherever you can? And still be able to use the pedal... like below the knobs ?? Helpp !!

thanks

Rivera + Fender Strat

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yep, just below the knobs and through two holes drilled into the pedalboard. This works for most BOSS size and profile pedals. Your Bad Horsie may still need to be velcroed.

"For instance" is not proof.

I don't know why you want to use wireties. Velcro works better because it is reusable. (Reusable wireties suck.) To have to cut the wireties to change a battery seems such a waste.

But I don't use either, I use a single multieffects pedal.

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Thanks guys

Bill- I was thinking with my Boss pedals, the tie would go over the upper half of the pedal, thus leaving the spot where my the foot goes, as well as where battery is changed, free to unscrew and open up. So far all my pedals have batteries there.

thanks

Rivera + Fender Strat

Thewn why not just use longer machine screws, and screw the pedal down? That is what I did, when I had pedals, because I used a power supply and never neededto change the batteries. Just get the same threading as the screws that hold the bottom to the pedal, in a length equivalent to it's current length plus the thickness of the pedal board. Easy, fast, and beats both Velcro (technically, we should say something like "hook and loop fasteners" since Velcro is a trademark, like Coke or Kleenex) and wireties.

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Here's a (stupid :D ) idea.

Leave them all loose and every which way on the floor with nothing to contain them. Stomp on what you can reach and if you miss and get another pedal, the radomizing of your sound will break new ground :P

Sorry :( I couldn't reisist ;) I'll try to be better :bor:

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

watchyoo talkin bout Dave? :freak:

Bill- I think I get it, you mean =reverse= the head of a long machine screw so that the head is inside the pedal casing, in its original hole - - and the other end goes into my slab of wood or pegboard, the secure it with nuts on the bottom of the board?

I'm really going to try that, sounds great.

/edit/

oy got it backwards, the screws go =into= the pedal from below the wood, OK got it

thanks

Rivera + Fender Strat

Originally posted by Dave th Dude:

Here's a (stupid :D ) idea.

Leave them all loose and every which way on the floor with nothing to contain them. Stomp on what you can reach and if you miss and get another pedal, the radomizing of your sound will break new ground :P

Sorry :( I couldn't reisist ;) I'll try to be better :bor:

you mean that's not how you're supposed to do it?? :D

then I've invented something new yeaers ago :D

- due to recent cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been SWITCHED OFF

Originally posted by alanfc:

watchyoo talkin bout Dave? :freak:

Bill- I think I get it, you mean =reverse= the head of a long machine screw so that the head is inside the pedal casing, in its original hole - - and the other end goes into my slab of wood or pegboard, the secure it with nuts on the bottom of the board?

I'm really going to try that, sounds great.

No,I mean buy Philips Flathead machine screws that match the screws already holding the bottoms of your pedals to the tops. Buy them in the length that the original screws are plus the thickness of your pedal board. Lay the bottom of your pedal on the pedal board and mark the holes. Drill them out. Flip the board over and countersink the very top of the hole so that the tapered head will sit flush with the wood. Put the screws through the bottom of the board, through the bottom of the pedal, and screw them into the top of the pedal. Very clean.

If the pedal is held together with screws that go through rubber feet, buy screws that match, with the added length to account for the thickness of the pedal board.

Bill

Steve Martin

thanks guys

one last question

if I do choose to use velcro,is there a difference in where I use the rough side compared to the fuzzy side.? My gut tells me the rough side should go onto the pedal and the fuzzy side goes on the board. So when I put on/change the pedals I'm putting pressure into the base and make the velcro hold

thanks

Rivera + Fender Strat

Originally posted by alanfc:

thanks guys

one last question

if I do choose to use velcro,is there a difference in where I use the rough side compared to the fuzzy side.? My gut tells me the rough side should go onto the pedal and the fuzzy side goes on the board. So when I put on/change the pedals I'm putting pressure into the base and make the velcro hold

thanks

If you put the rough side on the pedal, you can stick them to any old carpet in the absence of your regular board. :cool:

Archived