Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

beringer amps

shredmasta666

I just bought a new Marshall mg100, and our band was playing at my friends birthday party. Then some dude comes up to me and says that I should have bought a beringer instead of a Marshall because they are made the same. But wouldnt they be sued if they're making the exact same amps but putting a different name and price on it? :confused::confused::confused:
I swear to drunk I'm not god

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Behringer has a bad reputation for taking other company's equipment and building essentially the same piece of equipment under their name. Some are pretty blatant rip-offs and lots of folks are pissed about it. They have been sued. Won some, lost some but apparently won enough that they're still in business.

Some of their gear is pretty good, especially when you consider the price point. Much of it fails pretty darned quickly so QC apparently isn't their highest priority. If you do get a good piece of their equipment though, it's good, however, it does look like their QC is getting better the last couple of years.

All that aside, I hear and read some pretty good things about their guitar amps, both electric and acoustic.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Originally posted by shredmasta666:

some dude comes up to me and says that I should have bought a beringer instead of a Marshall because they are made the same.

Did that dude also say; "Hey man, you guys know any Metallica?" :D

I'd be very cautious about buying Behringer anything. There ARE some satisfied customers out there. But there are also a lot of folks who's stuff stopped working a week after the warranty expired.

Stick with the stuff that works, and the companies that have earned their reputations by producing quality. Behringer is a 'knock-off' company.

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

One thing I can say, either way, is this. If you don't have, nor have ever had, any Behringer equipment, don't bash it. You really don't know if it's good or bad unless you have and it's unconscionable to infer one way or the other.

Because a you have a friend that has a cousin who has a nephew that knows someone who was told about a guy that had a piece of Behringer equipment that quit doesn't, in fact, make it so.

That kind of thing is one of the reasons why Behringer gets it's bad rep.

Personally, I have one piece of Behringer gear that's been very good, It's the Shark DSP110, compressor, feedback destroyer, programmable delay unit. It also has a noise gate, low cut filter and phantom power. Nice unit, I'll be buying more as I can.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

we're using both a compressor and fx unit from Behringer and they are working fine - I didn't "really" know the brand until I joined this band and I have to say, it's pretty good quality for the price!
- due to recent cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been SWITCHED OFF

So some guy thinks a Beringer amp is the same as a Marshall. If that's what he says when he looks at his Beringer then fine, whatever gets him through the night. You don't have to believe it, you already have the Marshall. If your asking if you should have bought a Beringer instead of the Marshall, I'm not a Marshall kind of guy (though I'd like one of those 50W reissue heads and 4 ten cab) and I'd say you made the right choice.

And Dave, lawsuit or no lawsuit or injunction or whatever Gibson got against PRS: PRS is not a knock-off company. Anyone that's played one can tell that. To even consider Beriger analogous to PRS is just obscuring the point-- I hope you're like being fascitious or something. I'm like dizzy from paint stripper and my arms are all blistered over as I reacted badly to a new kind of stripper I'm using (Yeah I know, I got an infection from a stripper, I'll never learn) or my skin is reacting badly to the gloves I wore. So sorry if I missed an obvious joke, but I'm sure you know gear snobbery is a full time task . :D

check out some comedy I've done:

http://louhasspoken.tumblr.com/

My Unitarian Jihad Name: Brother Broadsword of Enlightened Compassion.

I have 12 amps and 1 is a Behringer GX-212 Ultratwin that I've had for 2 years. A good amp and I have used it on gigs. Behringer has no amp that is close to a Marshall. The MG's are amps that do a decent rock sound. If you can't afford one their Tube amps, their AVT's are good amps. If you are happy with MG the heck with that guy. People laugh at Line 6 amps but they make versatile gig amps, their HD 147 is a heavy rock amp that can crank.

musicalhair,

And Dave, lawsuit or no lawsuit or injunction or whatever Gibson got against PRS: PRS is not a knock-off company. Anyone that's played one can tell that. To even consider Beriger analogous to PRS is just obscuring the point-- I hope you're like being fascitious or something.
Yes :D

Sorry to upset you so :( But, you got me. I had long since taken off my flame retardent suit :D

Sometimes I get too sarcastic. My sincere apologies.

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Originally posted by Dave th Dude:

Sorry to upset you so :( ...

Sometimes I get too sarcastic. My sincere apologies.[/QB]

I wasn't upset, not at all. I just didn't think it was fair to compare the B word to PRS, regardless of what ever action Gibson is taking against them-- which don't mean I think Gibson has not right or anything as I stammer on and on.

Also, I really was messed up on the fumes from the stripper I was using. As I was finishing typing I couldn't even read it to proof read it or to anything :freak: My eyes were all bloodshot and I couldn't even drive. I'm feeling better now. ;) I probably would have noticed all the smiley faces that were in your post.

check out some comedy I've done:

http://louhasspoken.tumblr.com/

My Unitarian Jihad Name: Brother Broadsword of Enlightened Compassion.

Stick with your MG100. Personally, I think it sounds much better than the Behringer. :)

I want one of those, too. Do you have the combo, or are you using a half stack? If I had one, I'd use it with a 2x12 loaded with the 70 watt Vintage Celestion speakers. The guys from Prong use MG100's with Marshall's 1960 Vintage 4x12, as full stacks.

Archived