Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitarzan..

MadStrum

Man i played one of those Yamaha AES 620 guitars today, and it totally blew me away. That is one sweet guitar. My friend got it immediately after trying... I'm interested to know why you chose this guitar over the Godin Exit 22? Also, which guitar will give me a more Les Paul sound? a thicker sound, i guess?

Thanks. :)

Pier.

* Godin Freeway Classic * Seagull M6 * Timothy S10J

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tough question. i was thinking of either an exit 22 or the lghmb. when i got to the store they had 2 AES 620's. i got excited, i wanted a Les Paul like guitar for awhile. after i tried it i was hooked.

i like it very much, but part of me wishes i had waited and got a godin freeway classic. i still like the exit 22. and for some reason the godins seem to fit me perfect. i gotta go grab some grub. i will be back for more in a bit.

well to answer your question. the yamaha should get you the Les Paul tones. it has a set neck, dual humbuckers and the 24.75 inch scale. the exit is more of a cross between a LP and a strat. which is great. i already had the Lgsp90 and really the exit 22 or freeway classic would have given me more options for tone. but to make a long story short i ended up getting the yamaha because the flame top and dual humbuckers hypnotised me. i wish i had them all.

:D Thanks!

Is it the place where I live (Singapore) or do Godin guitars move really slowly? It's been three months and the Exit 22 hasn't arrived at my local store..

Pier.

* Godin Freeway Classic * Seagull M6 * Timothy S10J

they are having a busy time keeping up with demand. i wonder why? great guitars at way low prices maybe?

hang in there, they are working hard at filling the demand, at least they are not cutting any corners and still making great guitars.

location may be some of the reason you are waiting. there probably have certain stores on priority. i have heard they like the retailers to order early so they know what to make and when. knowing what the stores want before you make it is a good way to keep overhead low and it helps with prices.

probably the Lg hmb. but most godins have a bit more ring than a gibson. the sustain is there in spades but a bolt on will still give you a bit more twang than a set neck.

the lg signature and the lgx series all have 25.5 inch scales, so even though they can do the LP thing its still gonna be a bit more twangy.

i would say the exit 22 can get some lp like tones if you are using the humbucker in the bridge.

the exit 22 seems to be a LP/strat marriage. not a bad thing at all.

Archived