Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

need help findin specs on my Ibanez SZ520QM...

EmptinesOf Youth

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have one, yet, but I'm interested in getting an SZ520QM (they've got a new Blueberry color, maroon).

Do either of you know how much it weighs?

Dave

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

the sad part of that is most makers are not that specific with the size and shape of thier necks when writing the spec sheets.

check harmony centrals user reviews, but once again its usually terms like "chunky" "thin" etc. and thats all subjective to your idea of those terms.

I have an Ibanez SZ520. It has the widest fingerboard and the chunkiest neck of any guitar steel-string guitar I have (out of nine). The radius feels and appears fairly large, but not super-flat. Very comfortable overall.

I also have an Agile LP 2500. The neck may be as chunky, but the fingerboard is narrower. The radius is fairly flat, but again not super-flat like some shredder guitars I've played. This one's pretty comfortable too, but I prefer the Ibanez.

Dave, the SZ is lighter than my Ibanez PF300 (which is as heavy as the heavier les pauls) and lighter than the agile, but heavier than most bolt-necks I've played.

One visual as opposed to tactile bitch related to playability I have about mine is that it has mother of pearl position dots set into white binding. Not too easy to see undter stage lighting with middle-aged eyes. :cool:

Like Guitarzan said, tho, every guitar has it's own feel. Yeah, it should be, and probably is quantifiable, but there are actually so many variable parameters that affect feel that you'd be lucky to find anybody who lists them all. Aside from those already under discussion, there's fret size, the way the ends are finished, the contour of the edges of the fingerboard, even the finish on the neck.

band link: bluepearlband.com

music, lessons, gig schedules at dennyf.com

STURGEON'S LAW --98% of everything is bullshit.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Jackhammer of Love and Mercy.

Get yours.

Originally posted by EoY:

so how do you like your agile? is it the one with the p90s?

Yep, P-90 goldtop.

I'll like it a lot more after I get the frets leveled and crowned. :cool: Gotta keep the action a little higher than I like to keep from fretting out on bends, just from fret 10-12.

I didn't have it long before I replaced the vol pots (came with linear--prefer log taper on volume controls.) And in the course of changing the pots, I replaced the knobs with speed knobs.

Otherwise the guitar seems pretty good! I'm diggin' the P-90s a lot, and the guitar has the most pure acoustic sustain of any guitar I have.

band link: bluepearlband.com

music, lessons, gig schedules at dennyf.com

STURGEON'S LAW --98% of everything is bullshit.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Jackhammer of Love and Mercy.

Get yours.

Archived