Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

saw frampton last night

EmptinesOf Youth

last night i went to Summerfest in Miluakee. Its pretty much a chance for companys to advertise a lot of stuff. Even Gibson and Fender had boothes set up. (I entered to win a buddy guy strat, cross your fingers!!) Anyway, theirs also like 8 stages for people to play. The first band i saw earlier in the day was a Zeppelin cover band. Their were really good too. The singer was dead on and the guitarist wasnt bad either. The we saw an 80;s band play, covers too. Really had the crowd goin with "Were not gonna take it". Then some band that had some originals and Styx covers. They did a solo battle between the two guitarists, was pretty rad. Then Peter Frampton took the stage. Oh man, it was great since we got there so early we were right in front and lets just say the $7 i paid was definatley worth. I didnt know too much of his stuff but i do like what he played. He seems like a great guy with the way he talked to the crowd and laughing, just generally in a really great mood. His rythym guitarist too. He pumped out some sweet solos and the crowd went crazy when he played "do you feel like i do"...just overall a great show.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not even into classic rock at all, but I think Frampton is one of the most underrated guitarists in recent history. Adn yes, he's one of the few that seem to actually be enjoying themselves.

"For instance" is not proof.

I have to see if my buddy is still instrument tech for Frampton. When Frampton cut his touring a few years ago, Scotty and his friend and band member (drum tech who got him the gig) moved over to Journey. (Who was touring with Frampton at the time.) Glad Frampton sounded great!

So where north of Chicago are you from, fred bear?

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by PBBPaul:

Originally posted by fred bear:

i live as north as you can in illions in a town called winthrop harbor.

Winthrop Harbor! Some of my best band stories come from Bad Boy Jim's in Winthrop Harbor. It's been closed for a few years now though. :cry:
Yikes! I'll bet! My friend's brother and his band played there... pretty rough back in the day.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Originally posted by PBBPaul:

Originally posted by fred bear:

i live as north as you can in illions in a town called winthrop harbor.

Winthrop Harbor! Some of my best band stories come from Bad Boy Jim's in Winthrop Harbor. It's been closed for a few years now though. :cry:
Yikes! I'll bet! My friend's brother and his band played there... pretty rough back in the day.
The place was blast once you got past the blood and on to the nudity. :D

haha....thats awesome!! cause i completly know where your talkin about, bad boy jims that is. I think it got closed down do to either helth code violations or building violations. but either way thats still awesome. i hope i get to play in a tavern someday!! :thu:

Originally posted by The Trooper:

dude...your signature...youth is wasted on the young, SMASHING PUMPKINS!!!!!! thru the eyes of ruby!! damn i havent listend to them in awhile..

What's amusing is that my father, a big-band era trumpet player, said that to me as early as 1975. I am finally understanding.

it really doesnt matter anymore but its my topic so heres the bit:

to appear to disappear

beneath all your darkest fears

to the revelations of fresh faced youth

no one will come to save you

so speak your peace in the murmurs drawn

but youth is wasted on the young

your strength is my weakness, your weakness my hate

my love for you just can't explain

why we're forever frozen, forever beautiful,

forever lost inside ourselves

the night has come to hold us young