Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roy Buchanan

spiral light

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

being that i'm only 16, i can't really talk about going out to see roy or anything, but damn, what a guitarist

I'd have to say my favorite tunes for me is "man down on the floor" and "the messiah will come again." They're just totally awesome songs and roy's one of my best influences since i'm in love with the tele :love: (oh cant forget Gatton, sorry danny)

I've been downloading as many videos as i can of him and i found a few videos that are over 20 minutes long. One with albert collins and roy! :thu: (winMX by the way)

Originally posted by picker:

Hey SL, got your Pm, and listened to your MP3. It's from an albim called "That's What I'm Here For" and I bought it just after I saw Roy do the In Concert appearance. It isn't the same performance, and while Roy is never bad, the studio version isn't a pimple on the butt of the one I saw. I felt like I had been struck by lightning after seeng that. But thanx for sharing the MP#, it's still great.

Oh well, you've got me interested in that live version now.

FYI there is a decent selection of his stuff on itunes, including a live version of Hey Joe from '74. I guess I'll be doing a bit of itunes downloading at work tomorrow....

(Yes, I know I spelt Buchanan wrong in the header of this thread...) :freak:

www.windhamhill.com - Shameless Advertising!

FWIW, SL, if you go back to your first post on this thread and select "edit", the topic-title will also be available for editing. If you wanted to remove the extra "n"...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived